DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad mini 2 or 4 ?

ExPatPhotog

Reactions
Just wondering which would be best suited to my Mavic,an Ipad Mini 2 32g/64g or a Mini 4 16g/64g WiFi and cellular unlocked ?
At present I'm using my Note 4.
It seems both have the retina display,but the 4 is a tad faster on the CPU and GPU....
Any help to a non APPLE user would be greatly appreciated.

Both will be able to run DJI GO well. If you're ever going to be flying in hotter temperatures, the iPad Mini 4 would be a better choice since it's not known for overheating.

I know this isn't a iPad, but the Nivida K1 Shield is really quite nice and it about 1/3 less than Mini 4 .. with hdmi out 7 GPS.. anyway just a thought..

Yes,this was my second option....especially as an avid Android user,but my cohorts all recommended the Ipad even though they know my preference....lol

I would like to use my ipad 4 mini but to be honest I dont achieve to insert it in remote.
I dont dare to force , perhaps I would, but I dont want to broke the 2 little arm of my remote of course :)

How do you do to insert it smoothly ?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I would like to use my ipad 4 mini but to be honest I dont achieve to insert it in remote.
I dont dare to force , perhaps I would, but I dont want to broke the 2 little arm of my remote of course :)

How do you do to insert it smoothly ?
Thanks

It very easy put on corner in first then the other. You won't force anything.

I purchased an iPad Mini 2 because it was on sale at BestBuy. It ran DJI Go 4 perfectly with no noticeable lag. I ended up returning it because it was difficult to see outside in the daylight. I've heard the Mini 4 is brighter and less reflective.

I'm waiting until the Mini 5 comes out to take advantage of the Mini 4 Sales.

Walmart has the best prices on both the mini 4 and 2. I recently 2/8 both both 2 and 4 both refurbished. For the 42.00 difference I stayed with the 4 at 294 tax and shipping included came with 128 gb. I tested it yesterday and I have to say do issues. Also, had the Samsung S2 tab, returned. Kept my Note 5 after the Note 7 battery explosion.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I got a mini 4 "refurbished" from amazon for $210 last week. It was described as like new condition and it was, it looks like maybe it was an open box item. Works great, looks brand new, even had the factory screen protector on it. It was the gold 16gb, they still had them for $210 last i checked.

I have an Ipad Air which is the processing equivalent of the Mini 2 and I have a Mini 4. The Ipad Air (with cellular) worked pretty good. I used it with my P4 and Inspire. But I think the Ipad Air/Mini 2's processor is at its limit as I'd have some minor issues with it. It would occasionally video lag, draw the screen half in green, or "blink". It never crashed or anything horrible. This happened with all my DJI drones. I had it set-up with all the suggested settings as well.

The Mini 4 has none of these issues. Its run both the Go App and Go 4 app flawlessly. I don't have to put it in Airplane mode, I've had it tethered to my Iphone for maps, and have other apps installed. I do turn off non-essential apps though..

For me its worth the extra few hundred bucks for the Mini 4 as it will probably be supported alot longer than the 2 will be.

As @MavicMo stated the iPad Mini 4 is more robust than the Mini 2, thus if money isn't an issue go with the Mini 4. As a side note...I've owned both and have seen no difference in brightness or viewing in sunlight between the 2 & 4.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter