DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad question from a non-iOs user.

MavicKhan

Reactions
I am an Android user who just bought a second-hand iPad Mini 2 to use with the Mavic.

Quick question:

Is the charging cable that comes with the iPad charger indicated for usage connecting the tab to the Mavic USB type A port or does it have to be a specific cable?

Thanks.

MK

That cable will have a lot of extra slack, but you could use it. I'm using this 8" Kanex cable.

Kanex-Lightning-Cable.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the input.

That was not my question, though.

I do have a "proper" 1-foot cable on the way, one recommended for this function.

However I am trying things out with the cable I mentioned and the DJI GO 4 app on the iPad keeps reporting "Disconnected", without a camera image coming through.

I previously tested with a Galaxy 7.7+DJI Go and Galaxy Tab S 8.4+DJI GO 4 and everything was Ok, hence my question about the cable.

Are the ones coming with the charger "power only" cables?

Thanks

MK

Sorry...read in a rush... :(

Any ideas why the controller might not be feeding data to the tablet in this particular configuration?

Although it is a 2nd hand Mini 2, it is in very good condition and the cable was not even used, as the previous user used another charger and cable.

I tested the cable for charging and it works. I'm a bit lost here and I really don't want to go shopping for an alternative cable amidst all the Xmas shopping craziness...

Thanks.

MK

I would bet you didn't disconnect the DJI cable from the left port before trying to use the bottom port.

Do your Android devices still connect?

Ok...I think I nailed it down to a somewhat defective cable.

I managed to remake the both connections to my Android devices through both controller ports and also managed to get things going with the iPad through the side port, using the DI-provided lightning cable.

Rats...searching for a parking spot amidst all the chaos just to get another cable, me the man who gets all his Xmas shopping well in advance...Double rats...

Thank you for your help, guys. Much appreciated.

MK

Did you try Kilrah's suggestion above? You need to remove the cable from the side if you want to use the USB port on the bottom.

Yes, I know thanks...the side port was always clear. It is a malfunctioning cable (...although it does work as a power lead...).

I examined the cable carefully. The seller told me it had never been used and, indeed, the way it was wrapped makes me believe it never was.

However, upon closer inspection, I don't think that's the original one. The plugs, at both ends, are pure white but the cable, itself, is kind of "grayish" off-white. I don't think Apple would put that in the box.

I remembered there's a small Pakistani "electronics bazar" near my house, went there and got myself a temporary cable solution.

It works perfectly! :)

Again, thank you for your help.

MK

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair