DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone X Mavic Pro.

I’m on IOS 11.1.1, latest firmware, latest app, have deleted and reinstalled via DJI Assistant, same with the remote control and nothing. Just ‘disconnected’. I cannot understand why those with the same setup are having a different experience.

So I was getting a bit peeved, so decided to try something new. Connected via iPad Mini 4, went back to previous firmware, then redownloaded latest firmware, checked for all updates and did a dance around the sitting room, singing ‘DJI are great, just for the Drones they make.’ Surely this would now work with my iPhone X! So connected and....’disconnected’ is still showing. Although the little directional arrow in the bottom left of the screen reacts to me moving the Mavic, so there is SOME connection! So now really peeved, as spent over an hour just to get nowhere. Reminds me of my attempts with the wife when she’s tired....

I have experienced the same issue as some who stated in previous posts. The Mavic has worked fine with iPhone 6+ from day one. Currently works fine with iPad. Haven't successfully flown the Mavic with the iPhone X yet. When connected, I see a frozen screen with some details, but no image from the camera. Like some of you, I am waiting for a "fix" in an update. In the meantime I will be watching this thread and flying with the iPad.
I see the same issue. Controller won't connect to APP. Shows only "Disconnected". It works OK with iPhone 6s+ and iPad Pro though.

All the Latest Versions and iOS 11.1.2 on iPhoneX.
Contacted Customer Support, their Answer:

Dear xxx,

thank you for contacting DJI Support. The iPhone X is not compatible with and therefore not supported by the DJI GO app at the moment.
You can find a list of all officially supported mobile devices to work with the DJI GO app here (under "APP / LIVE VIEW"):

Mavic Pro– Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

iOS Version v4.1.15.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.
Android Version v4.1.15.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8 ,Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.

*Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.

I´m pretty sure DJI is working on an update in order to support the iPhone X in the future. But for now, it´s not possible to use the iPhone X with DJI Products.

Thank you!

Yes, tried this as well. Also tried the 'side port' instead of the bottom USB port and still no joy. Very frustrating.....
Not that this helps if using the side port, but I seem to recall reading that when using the bottom port the side cable must be unplugged.
Just a thought ... that you probably already knew.

What's the point of using a $1149 device as a Mavic screen (and suffer in the process of Apple waterboarding), when a $1100 cheaper one would do (and put a smile in your face)?

Inevitably, from multiple insertions in the RC arms, it will get scratched, the lightning port will get stressed out and start failing, screen is OLED and barely visible outside, it letterboxes the app making the screen the size of iphone 4... WHY?! You like voluntary suffering? :D

Funny-First-World-Problems-Featured.jpg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman