DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone XS Max issue

Zigman

Reactions
I recently started using my new iPhone XS Max with a Mavic 2 Zoom. No set up issues all works just fine but I have have noticed on the main screen the video feed doesn't utilize the full screen width, close to a half inch is black on both the left & right sides. If I bring up the map the entire screen is filled just fine. Have I missed something or does DJI need to optimize the DJI Go 4 app to utilize all fo the 6.5' screen on the iPhone XS Max? See photo below. 1547926567424.jpeg

1547926567424.jpeg

I recently started using my new iPhone XS Max with a Mavic 2 Zoom. No set up issues all works just fine but I have have noticed on the main screen the video feed doesn't utilize the full screen width, close to a half inch is black on both the left & right sides. If I bring up the map the entire screen is filled just fine. Have I missed something or does DJI need to optimize the DJI Go 4 app to utilize all fo the 6.5' screen on the iPhone XS Max? See photo below. View attachment 59713

View attachment 59713

Does it change when you switch from photo to video? Or when you change the aspect ratio from 3:2 to 16:9?

I think it just shows the original aspect ratio from the sensor ... and this of course doesn’t always match the aspect ratio / screen size of the connected device, leaving blank spaces.

And I personally prefer black spaces instead of missing something, my camera „sees“ ;-)

I usually keep the aspect ratio at 16:9 and the screen doesn't change in video or photo. In 4:3 it's even smaller. When I upgrade from the iPhone X to the iPhone XS Max I thought I would utilized the full screen with no blanks. I've ask DJI direct on the Facebook Support page and the technician has pasted the questions on to their Engineering Department. I think I'm stuck until a GO 4 update for the iPhone XS Max is issued to all of us. Thanks for your response.

I usually keep the aspect ratio at 16:9 and the screen doesn't change in video or photo. In 4:3 it's even smaller. When I upgrade from the iPhone X to the iPhone XS Max I thought I would utilized the full screen with no blanks. I've ask DJI direct on the Facebook Support page and the technician has pasted the questions on to their Engineering Department. I think I'm stuck until a GO 4 update for the iPhone XS Max is issued to all of us. Thanks for your response.
That’s what I meant... the screen size is even smaller in 3:2, because it’s more like a square...

If the screen was filled entirely, what would of course be technical possible, you would miss picture information on top and bottom of the screen. And you couldn’t compose your photos / videos anymore. You would see something different than your drone records and saves to your memory.

I recently started using my new iPhone XS Max with a Mavic 2 Zoom. No set up issues all works just fine but I have have noticed on the main screen the video feed doesn't utilize the full screen width
My screen does the same thing with the iPhone XS. As far as I know, it's working as designed.

Reactions: calmar81
After reading both responses I now clearly understand that it's necessary in order to see just what your recording or photographing. Not sure what I was thinking, obviously the DJI Go 4 app and the iPhone are working as designed, thanks calmar81 & msinger.

Reactions: calmar81

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark