DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is anyone happily using the latest Firmware and iOS app?

KiterTodd

Reactions
There was a lot of talk about how worried we should be of the new app a couple weeks ago, but I have not heard a groundswell of "stay away" from most users.

So, are the majority of users on the latest versions of everything and flying fine?

I'm still working without problems on .400, but I suspect eventually there will be some new flight modes or other capability I will want to take advantage of. If I don't have any false lockouts (NFZ errors) near home, there is no reason not to move on. Okay, there are a lot of reasons, but I don't want to fly in fear forever and miss out on the fun of new modes. The Spark modes look nice and I hope they come to the Mavic. (panoramic, flight away reveal, spiral fly away, etc.)

Thanks.

Reactions: JoKhool
I've had it since the day it was released and have had zero issues. For me it fixed some issues with the gimbal pitch. As for the app, aside from signing in again, nothing new or exciting.

with the new ios update I have found that the photos or videos that used to be uploaded into the cache of the memory are not uploaded anymore, and viewing videos or photos just became impossible. Viewing the pictures or videos that were just taken is not possible anymore.
On the other side, Flying the mavic I have not had any mayor issues, but yesterday flying through a valley of Cocora on the mountains, my ipad mini 4 when black and the applycation was discontected. I just pushe the RTH button on the controller and started the applycation again and got image after 20 seconds. I did not have any other problems and everything work ok from that point onwards.

Reactions: sacballa
I've updated firmware on my Mavic, Controller, Batteries, and iPad as soon as available. I've yet to experience any issues I'd attribute to firmware / software.

Couple strange bugs here and there, nothing that didn't get fixed with a hard reset.

Reactions: KiterTodd
On the latest .700 and iOS using an IPad mini 4. Absolutely no issues at this point. Mileage on this set up.....402,799 ft..

Thanks for the feedback, thus far. Good to hear things are working well for folks.
with the new ios update I have found that the photos or videos that used to be uploaded into the cache of the memory are not uploaded anymore, and viewing videos or photos just became impossible. Viewing the pictures or videos that were just taken is not possible anymore...
...other than this. This bug would certainly be annoying. I regularly share stills immediately after taking them.

Still on .700 and is working great so far with plenty of flights..

my DJI Go 4 still at 4.0.8 though..
I don't see any need to update for the moment since I'm not having any funny issues with my bird..

with the new ios update I have found that the photos or videos that used to be uploaded into the cache of the memory are not uploaded anymore, and viewing videos or photos just became impossible.

Make sure that your cache isn't full and that your cache settings are still correct in the app...

i only got my mavic Friday so I uploaded the latest firmware, I don't know any different but mine seems to fly fine

Yet for some reason...I'm still hesitant to upgrade! :D
I guess if it's not broke, don't fix it.

Will wait for more flight modes. Really silly we don't have some of the modes that the Phantom and Spark have. The drone is certainly capable.

Using it since release, all good. New app also validated and working fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom