DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is eisenhower park safe to fly?

thatguy0329

Reactions
Sorry for the bad title. Basically this is for anyone familiar with Nassau county long island.. Haven't been able to fly in a while due to crap weather. Today seems to finally be calm enough for me to go out but im wondering if eisenhower park is a safe place to go. or are there certain parts I should watch put for? Or are drones banned all together there??

Sorry for the bad title. Basically this is for anyone familiar with Nassau county long island.. Haven't been able to fly in a while due to crap weather. Today seems to finally be calm enough for me to go out but im wondering if eisenhower park is a safe place to go. or are there certain parts I should watch put for? Or are drones banned all together there??

Hello, I was wondering if you had any more info on this? I'm in Valley stream I called the parks around me, they don't allow it

Hi Tek I'm from Staten Island know the feeling of the crappie weather. There is B4UFly is helpful and u need to find out if isenhower park is federal which would be a no go believe me I have a few nice parks I'd love to fly in but can't essentially u have to do a little searching and u should come up with some answers try google that's pretty much what I did good luck sorry of no real help

I havent been able to find much besides that most rules only apply to commercial pilots. If your a hobbyist you just follow the usual guidelines

9dfab951caa2e9a23cf4748ee02d3fb0.jpg

Doesnt say anything about no fly zone but there is a hospital thats pretty close. Im assuming if I was to notify them then i would be fine

Is that the B4UFly app? I could NEVER get that thing to work. It just keeps spinning when I open it, with GPS on. Anyway you can take a screenshot of Valley Stream for me? I'd really appreciate it, someone mentioned part of Valley Stream is not in class B airspace but don't want to risk it.

c5c0a0d8008d87f4dfd1f4ab352b7523.jpg

I dont know why its not uploading a clear pic but the large black points are the 5 mile marks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78