DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it possible to split the Mini 2 RC USB C port to also provide power only to a 2nd display device along with powering the connected phone?

BobN2Tech

Reactions
I would like to split the USB-C from the Remote Control to only power a 2nd device (in this case an HDMI display). If possible, to have a single to dual USB cable with power/data on lead 1 for the phone, and only need power on the 2nd USB. I plan to use the Samsung phone with "Smart View" to send the screen to an HDMI dongle connected to a 2nd screen. Anyone try that and what USB C dual cable did you use?

I don't believe you can split the USB cable like that. It can only talk or supply power to 1 device at a time.

Setting aside the external dongle issue, what would be the sequence of events for using Smart View to project the display to a different device? Samsung Galaxy S20 Note is the phone, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 is the tablet.

By this I mean, what do you turn on, and when, on which device? Do you just fire up DJI Fly, and then go to settings and select Smart View?

The reason I ask is that I frequently have connection issues trying to share files between these devices using "Nearby Share", and that process seems to me to be sequence-dependent.

Thx,

TCS

Regarding Chaosrider question about what sequence to start first, I don't think it matters, but I started SmartView first (on my Samsung S10), then start the DJI Fly App. But unexpectedly, once I launched the Mini 2, I got an RC not connected message (on and off), and the drone was only 10' above me. It also started acting erratically, but I was able to land. Because of that I decided that was too dangerous, and not sure if mirroring by SmartView or using another app to do this would work better.

Regarding MS Coast, I agree, and used a small USB Power pack to power my display adapter, plus I don't have to be tethered to the RC, which is probably even better that way.

Setting aside the external dongle issue, what would be the sequence of events for using Smart View to project the display to a different device? Samsung Galaxy S20 Note is the phone, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 is the tablet.

By this I mean, what do you turn on, and when, on which device? Do you just fire up DJI Fly, and then go to settings and select Smart View?

The reason I ask is that I frequently have connection issues trying to share files between these devices using "Nearby Share", and that process seems to me to be sequence-dependent.

Thx,

TCS
I was trying out a new Miracast adapter (Screenbeam mini 2) and I found that if I begin mirroring (Samsung Smartview), then startr the DJI Fly app, I would get No GPS. I then killed the Smartview and restarted Fly App and GPS came back. I then started Smartview, and GPS seemed to be stable. I only tested for 5 minutes. But I will try for longer. If GPS is lost with smartview, while flying, that could be a major disaster!

I would like to split the USB-C from the Remote Control to only power a 2nd device (in this case an HDMI display). If possible, to have a single to dual USB cable with power/data on lead 1 for the phone, and only need power on the 2nd USB. I plan to use the Samsung phone with "Smart View" to send the screen to an HDMI dongle connected to a 2nd screen. Anyone try that and what USB C dual cable did you use?

Regarding Chaosrider question about what sequence to start first, I don't think it matters, but I started SmartView first (on my Samsung S10), then start the DJI Fly App. But unexpectedly, once I launched the Mini 2, I got an RC not connected message (on and off), and the drone was only 10' above me. It also started acting erratically, but I was able to land. Because of that I decided that was too dangerous, and not sure if mirroring by SmartView or using another app to do this would work better.

Regarding MS Coast, I agree, and used a small USB Power pack to power my display adapter, plus I don't have to be tethered to the RC, which is probably even better that way.

Thx,

TCS
mirror.jpg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zloalex