DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is perpendicular flying the cause of jittery video?

marklyn

Reactions
I do a good amount of flight plans where the Mavic may be flying, say, North and pointing east. I've realized that until the Mavic straightens out and flies the same direction as the gimbal is pointed that the video tends to be slightly choppy. It's most noticeable when I'm, say, 150' up and maybe passing tree tops but the behavior is really discernible whenever this flight position is in effect.
Is this normal behavior for the Mavic (or Spark or Air, etc.)?
If so, what is the explanation? I assume it will be technical related to the camera capturing video which it is not moving toward but rather sideways from... ?

Everyone would just be guessing without seeing a sample video illustrating what you’re seeing.

Sorry, I thought it was a 'thing' since it happens regularly when I fly perpendicular to what I'm capturing on video.
Here is the link below.
test.mp4

Reactions: swoermck
ha, that was funny Tinmania.
Ummm, I'm pretty sure I had it set to 24fps but definitely no lower.

The original file from the mavic had the same effect.

I have a feeling I've seen somewhere before its a setting on the gimble or camera, its trying to hold steady, then jumps. I can't remember what the setting is, try POV or Follow modes

I'll check those settings but oddly I would think that this would affect it when flying straight but it doesn't seem to. Straight flying seems to be steady eddy :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaffainNL