DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the Mavic 2 water resistant?

wsettle

Reactions
I think I saw a video somewhere where someone threw water on a hovering Mavic 2 as if water doesn't affect it but I haven't read anything the user manual or elsewhere that confirms it.

Some of the best cloud/lightning footage I have seen has been as a storm rolls in. It would be nice to be able to leave it in the air while recording lighting strikes, even if it starts to sprinkle. I have always had to down my P3P before the rain showed up for fear of water intrusion.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
I think I saw a video somewhere where someone threw water on a hovering Mavic 2 as if water doesn't affect it but I haven't read anything the user manual or elsewhere that confirms it.

Some of the best cloud/lightning footage I have seen has been as a storm rolls in. It would be nice to be able to leave it in the air while recording lighting strikes, even if it starts to sprinkle. I have always had to down my P3P before the rain showed up for fear of water intrusion.
Your question reminded me of a video I saved a few weeks back that shows drones treated in some fashion that are intentionally are flown into the drink for testing.

Here it is...

My heart just got broken when I called DSLR Pros just now after sharing that video.

The said they bought out the old DSLR Pros company, the water proofing was extremely expensive, never worked on the Mavic series, was subcontracted out to a company that's no longer in business and couldn't help me any further.

They were extremely nice about it, so I would recommend them to anyone if they offer anything you want.

I'm sorry for getting anyone's hopes up... (Feeling crushed)

Reactions: wsettle

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman