DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the Mini 3 Pro worth buying in 2024?

Rocco Germani

Reactions
The DJI Mini 3 Pro was a game changing drone back when it was released just over two years ago in 2022, but does it still hold up well enough to be considered in 2024? I know a lot of people are considering purchasing this drone, so I made a video to share my thoughts.

Thanks for the video, but I would buy the Mini 4 Pro.

With the M4P available, my answer would be no, it's not worth the U$150 savings. Get a Mini 4P.

I have both.

The Mini 3 has a place in the product family. It sits nicely between the Mini 2 and the Mini 4P.

It depends … If you have an RC Pro then you can use it with the Mini 3 Pro. Also the SDK has been released for the M3P so that means 3rd party software like Dronelink and Litchi Pilot (beta) works on the RC Pro and I believe some Android devices.

Chris

IMO, no.

Obstacle avoidance/collision detection in the M4Pro is more than worth it.

I had a plain Mini 3 i got with Fly More stuff for $500 and sold it asap when the Air 3 launched.

I'm selling the Air 3 soon but keeping the Mini 4 Pro as its MUCH smaller to fly in tight spots and obstacle detect/avoidance is awesome, plus D Log M at 10 bit 4:2:0 isnt too shabby either.

Since the price difference is negligible it is best to get the M4P.
BUT if you intent to fly on Europe the older model has the advantage of giving you the possibility of flying above 120m in case of need, while the newer model does not.

I have the Mini 3 Pro and am considering selling it for the Mini 4 Pro. Being able to shoot D-Log in such a small unit is tempting.

I have a mini3 pro and love it. The only thing that I like in the 4 that the 3 doesn't have is the side obstacle avoidance. I haven't needed it, and I don't rely on it, but after losing two drones to stupid pilot mistakes, I like have the backup of OA. I've flown my M3P WAY more than either of my Mavic minis, and have yet to have a significant crash (fingers crossed) - I've learned a LOT, much of it from this website.

If I were in the market for a new drone, I'd definitely shell out the little bit extra for the 4.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sevimli