DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the Spark really any good with Hand Gestures?

Robbyg

Reactions
After watching Tony Northrup do his video review of the Spark a couple of days ago, I had some doubts but then ikopta did his last night and now I am really starting to wonder if the DJI Vbloggers showed us heavily edited footage.

I think anyone who visits this forum will probably take the time to learn the proper techniques to get the most from the Spark but as Tony pointed out, the average person is not going to spend the time to learn how to make everything work the way DJI advertises it to work. Thats a big problem for DJI because the vast majority of spark customers are going to be people who know almost nothing about drones, they will be relying heavily on hand gestures and these people expect stuff to be super intuitive.

Rob

The strange thing about the 1st video (T&C) is that DJI Support actually commented on it if you view it via YouTube. I've never seen them (DJI) do that before.

The strange thing about the 1st video (T&C) is that DJI Support actually commented on it if you view it via YouTube. I've never seen them (DJI) do that before.

It's actually not all that surprising.
Tony Northrup has one of the largest Pro Camera Channels on YouTube and he is well known for giving an honest opinion backed by facts, no matter how bad it might be for the company in question.

If you watch his videos sometimes he will mention 3 Cameras that cost $6000 each and why he thinks this one works the best with this $10,000 lens. He will then pull out the three models from his inventory and take pictures with them to prove his point. You rarely have to take his word for something because he has the units to back up his claims. I think he has almost every drone DJI makes including several Inspires and Phantoms that his filming crew use.

Rob

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke