DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a way within a thread to ignore individual posts in a thread?

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions
I know I can ignore specific posters but I do not want to do that, I just want to render some of the posts invisible, they spoil my reading of the thread.
Yes obviously I can scroll past these posts but that also breaks the flow of my reading.

Not that know of. Afraid your going to have to scroll past what
you don’t want to read 🤷‍♂️

I know I can ignore specific posters but I do not want to do that, I just want to render some of the posts invisible, they spoil my reading of the thread.
Yes obviously I can scroll past these posts but that also breaks the flow of my reading.
How do you know which ones you won't like, are you basing it on the title, or the OP? You never really know what's going to be in the context until you look.

Reactions: karlblessing
May be possible to use Firefox and a plugin like script monkey to remove or censor web elements based on keywords. But that would require a bit of learning curve on your part.

Easiest to just block the frequently offending poster or just roll your eyes and move along, especially if it's not anything that is outside of the rules of the site.

How do you know which ones you won't like, are you basing it on the title, or the OP? You never really know what's going to be in the context until you look.
Good question.
Answer, because I had skimmed the thread and or read it properly as it grew but I wanted to go through it carefully after it seemed to reach its conclusion.

Easiest to just block the frequently offending poster or just roll your eyes and move along, especially if it's not anything that is outside of the rules of the site.
Unfortunately the biggest 'offender' also made a significant, useful contribution to the thread.

I will have a look at script monkey, thanks, already running FireFox.

Last edited:
I can't see the point of trying this.
If you block anyone, surely the missing post will confuse many aspects of a thread ?
If others quote someone you blocked, their post will show in their reply (I think ?).

Besides, blocking people just seems 'off' to me.
I think I have one person blocked, they must post rarely, and have REALLY annoyed me at the time . . . but I think I'll just go and check and unblock them, just seems silly to me, like a child ostentatiously stamping their foot and going to their room to sulk.
(Not saying that's what you are doing, but fail to grasp what you can achieve without first reading content, then it's too late.)

I can't see the point of trying this.
If you block anyone, surely the missing post will confuse many aspects of a thread ?
For the particular thread, the posts I wished not to see where irrelevant to the context of the thread, they berated someone for not doing something quickly enough to suit harangers' tastes. There was more than one haranger.
The absence of these posts made not the slightest difference to the subject matter of the thread but it greatly improved the 'atmosphere' of the cleaned up read through.

And no I wasn't spiiting my dummy tit out lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Hidden
For the particular thread the posts I wish not to see where irrelevant, and berating for someone not doing something immediately. Their absence made not the slightest difference to the subject matter of the thread but it greatly improved the 'atmosphere' of the cleaned up read through.

Ah, yes berating rather than educating is a downfall many can have online.
New people especially need a break / time to learn correctly, not be driven off, to carry on flying (or whatever) unsafely or detrimentally to their equipment.

It would be nice if people communicated like most would face to face, online it's easier to not see the other side as a person.
Even better, treating others like you're sitting around a campfire having a beer together, you don't tend to behave the same way.

(It's the same with driving in peak hour traffic !
Some are like Dr Jekyll & Mr Hide at the wheel.)

New people especially need a break / time to learn correctly, not be driven off, to carry on fly
That was precisely the situation. The berated seems to have stuck it out and hopefully they will stay.
I did have a reply drafted for that thread but didn't post it but it did feature this clip from "Good Will Hunting"

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
That was precisely the situation.
I did have a reply drafted for that thread but didn't post it but it did feature this clip from "Good Will Hunting"

Great movie, great scene.
The movie has many such scenes of similar vein.

Not quite the same relationship, but one of the best . . .

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud

It's not possible at least not within the forum's controls etc.

I think the copy/paste/remove method might be your best way to make your reading/viewing more pleasurable.

Reactions: dirkclod
I feel ya Man with some comments in the past few months. I've gotten where I rarely come here any longer. Yes, I ignore the offending post, but would rather not see them. It would be nice if some had the ability to know if they have nothing concrete to offer, they should keep their fingers off the keyboard.

if they have nothing concrete to offer, they should keep their fingers off the keyboard.
And then there are those who use the keyboard to write a lengthy novella with a few useful tidbits and 98.6% fluff.

Members can't control what other members write... I just skip anything I don't want to read, doesn't seem to affect my 'flow'

Reactions: Hidden
And then there are those who use the keyboard to write a lengthy novella with a few useful tidbits and 98.6% fluff.

Members can't control what other members write... I just skip anything I don't want to read, doesn't seem to affect my 'flow'
But sometimes the 1.4% is gold. I have picked up quite a bit from the odd bit of gold in amongst piles of fluff.

That said, I am happy that for you that it "doesn't seem to affect" your "flow" and the same happens to me or I no longer read the thread. But, in this particular instance, it did "affect my flow" so, since I wanted to follow the progress of the thread and the resolution of the problem and since the dross contained no gold and only bile I wanted to remove the dross.

But, in this particular instance,
Oh ok, so you were concerned about blocking posts in just one particular thread... I get it now, sorry for the confusion.

I just come here, several times daily actually, and run through the new posts link. If I see a post I've already mentally labeled a dead-end I just skip it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird