DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this an Avata?

mavic3usa

Premium Pilot
Reactions
You can see the drone at 4:20; can't really tell but this is the first time I've personally seen a legit use of a drone at a concert.

Not me, not my video, wasn't at this concert:

Reactions: MA2 317
I can't think of any way to create some of that footage but with a drone. Much, if not most was from handheld steadycams and zooming from fixed cameras.

Avata? I don't know... I doubt it. More likely a micro cinewhoop at <100-150g, so if anything happened injury would be minor to none.

I've enjoyed watching the FPV videos of Mr. Steele and others on YouTube ...for a minute before the motion sickness kicks in. . . . 😊🙃🤢🤮...😊

I often wish I could fly something like that and have control, but I dunno' 🤔

Whoever flew that in the Sphere, flew it well. 👍

Pretty sure it wasn't Ken Herron. 😃

I have a cinelog 30 One is analog Its Kinda like flying with a 70's color tv for eyes lol BUT they take a beating. They are great in angle mode so as long as you get used to that you would LOVE it! The DJI equiped (Air unit) ones are expensive as is any Digital VTX equiped drone. SO I always recommend learning on the analog IF you can stand it long enough to get used to it (not Long). A lot of production guys use these due to the weight ( 240 grams with a 4s and go-pro mounted) and their ease of repair. You won't see anywhere near DJI flight times with these - I get a little over 5 min with a 4s. take it over 250g with a bigger Batt and you can get 13 or so min. (6s)

Highly doubt an Avata, as Avatas typically aren't used by FPV pros. Probably a small, custom-built cinewhoop? I'm very curious what camera they might have used as the footage looks too clean to be a GoPro or DJI Air Unit in such low light. I guess they could run it through Topaz, but even then the level of detail is surprising to me. Maybe an Insta360 Ace Pro? Anyway, I'm curious if the crowd had to sign some sort of liability waiver. I would think the insurance for a drone operator in there would be expensive and complicated.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d