DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issue with Active Track

ps2baseball

Reactions
So I was out yesterday with my Mini 3 Pro and I was having an an issue getting it into PARALLEL mode. I would hit go, and then it would switch over to SPOTLIGHT mode, which I didn't want. Any idea why it kept fighting me?

This was something I experienced as part of a larger set of problems. It was one of the conditions which would precede RC controller screen lock up. I have since reloaded Fly 2.6.8, reloaded M3P firmware 01.00.0201 more than once, did a factory reset on the RC Controller and reloaded the latest firmware to it.

I have had one full test flight and as near as I can tell things are vastly improved. I cannot get maps to download for some reason, but the use of active tracking modes worked—not sure if flawless trying to get parallel started, but it did not cause a controller lock up this morning. That is the first since updating to .0200 and 2.6.8.

Consider following advice given to me: turn off controller and aircraft. Start “DJI Assistant 2 for consumer drones” on your computer. Connect to computer by cable. Power on drone or controller, select it in A2 opening menu, select either “refresh” for firmware ending .0201 for drone or update if you don’t have it. You can do the same with RC controller. The latest firmware 01.01.0000.

*The order of starting software without drone attached seemed to make a difference in getting the firmware rewritten well. Previously the drone would have been connected to PC high output usb c and charging, and refreshing firmware had not fixed anything. In the order above it made a difference. Coincidence? Dunno, but that’s my new SOP!

You can’t factory reset the drone first, and it may not be necessary to do it with controller.

Later today I will be sure to test for your issue specifically.

Mike107

I tested active track again. I was able to select POI, spotlight and track features reliably.

There were times when Parallel active track had reverted to spotlight on its own. I never witnessed it while it was happening, but only saw the fact after I looked back down at the controller to see why tracking stopped. It is possible I touched the screen and caused it unknowingly. I'm not sure, but I kind of doubt it.

I did not have any loss of control or screen freezes.

Parallel was kinda weird--but I don't have much experience with it, I had to manipulate it to keep it in relatively the same orientation and distance from me if we didn't start out in a classic side by side position. It occasionally fell behind and acted like trace. One thing i liked was when I reversed direction it didn't fall behind and take the same relative position it had previously (I expected it to drop behind me like a good "subservient" drone) but it stayed ahead of me and became a very good "anti-trace" flying backward while tracking me--and with better obstacle avoidance I suppose.

Mike

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez