DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

issues when flying via wi-fi

Reactions
hello all
I have been using my MP on wifi through my iPhone 6 when I go out on adventures (more practical) and noticed two slight issues, hoping you guys can help.

First, when using the "virtual joystick" on screen the right joystick is VERY unresponsive. Meaning I can move the aircraft but only VERY slowly, no matter how much I move my finger on the screen. The left joystick responds well and fast like I would expect. Is there a way to calibrate the responsiveness of the virtual joystick? I basically want a smaller movement of my finger being translated into a faster action from the drone.

Also, annoyingly I noticed that after I set the aircraft for Active Tracking I cannot put the phone in sleep mode. As soon as I hit the screen lock button on my phone the aircraft will come out of whichever intelligent flight mode it is in and just hover.. meaning I need to keep my phone screen on and active through the flight, which defeats the point of having the aircraft following me automatically, as I cannot use my hands!

Would really appreciate any help you can give on this, thank you!

That's how it is. Since the distance limit is short DJI have on purpose limited the joystick speed, otherwise you'd hit the limit straight away.

For the phone issue I believe with an android phone you could lock the screen without putting it in standby, but an iPhone can't do that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada