DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issues with Mini 2

dimigg

Reactions
Hi there, today I have just begun experiencing a multitude of issues with my Mini 2 drone. I bought the drone refurbished and have had the drone for about two years. I haven't experienced issues until this point.

During a flight today, at around 350m up I encountered an error telling me that the propellers were rotating too fast. Within a few minutes I landed it, and upon landing, I received an ESC error, with the back right propeller jerking slightly every second or so as if it were stuck. After restarting the aircraft and updating the firmware I attempted to fly again, and at around 100m up I was warned that there was an extra payload attached and that I also had flight guards attached. I do not have flight guards, the only extra attachment I have added is a plastic clip-on landing gear which is extremely light and has caused me no issues prior. I have not flown since.

Any idea what is causing these issues, and are they related?

I got payload errors all the time on my mini 2, seems to come on whenever it detects anything unusual. You can go into the menu and turn off payload mode. So, you really fly the mini up at 350m....that might be your problem. ;) j/k I've had a couple of engines/props go stiff on me as well, I just ignored them. ymmv

Reactions: rjwmorrell
Check that motor spins freely without binding. If a bearing is failing and giving intermittent resistance, it can cause ESC problems.

When you rotate the bell on that motor, it should feel the same as the others, smooth.

@mavic4life41, none of the motors should be making ANY noise like what's in your video. Did you buy this new, shrink-wrapped and box sealed, from DJI?

I would not fly that drone. It should be exchanged or refunded.

@mavic4life41, none of the motors should be making ANY noise like what's in your video. Did you buy this new, shrink-wrapped and box sealed, from DJI?

I would not fly that drone. It should be exchanged or refunded.
Yes I buy it brand new from official store. I contact them and they ask me to send it back to Holland today. But I can't believe this i have 4 DJI drones and all of them work like charm even my 5 yrs spark is in better shape. Btw thx for reply m8.

Can’t believe what I’m hearing. I often get payload errors as I use the fold up legs as well.
Regards

Reactions: mavic4life41
With a noise like that there's something wearing as they spin, probably a bearing, and it's gonna catastrophically fail in flight at some point and drop from the sky 🫣

Strange thing is that i got zero errors on fly app and drone works fine but that noise when rotate motors make my feal scare when try to fly.
Mate I’d be returning that ac tout suite. I have never heard of four motors making that sound.
Regards

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weblloyd