DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issues with my gimble

RyanHT

Reactions
Hello, I have had my Mavic for a few weeks now and have developed some problems with the gimble. Here is what I put in a support ticket to DJI. I'm hoping you guys might have some suggestions for me.

Hello, I wrote in about this a couple weeks ago, but am still having the same issue plus more. I am having directional control and issues with the gimble. Here is a list and what I have done to try to resolve on my own:

1. At startup, the gimble makes a loud clack and a gimble overload error shows up on the screen but goes away after the drone does the initial startup routine. To fix this, I have done an IMU and gimble self calibration.

2. The horizon is tilted after turning. After using the gimble roll feature to correct this, it goes back to being very tilted. To try to resolve this, I have done several gimble self calibrations and it has not helped. It appears that the issue is getting progressively worse after several flights.

3. During hover and straight flight, the drone has a tendency to have a slow spin to the right. To try to correct this, I have done several compass and IMU calibrations. I believe this right spin issue is happening because of the gimble slowly creeping off center and the drone is trying to keep up with the tilt.

4. During all the calibrations, I did a joystick calibration. After the calibration, I used the takeoff command on the phone. Once it was airborne I found that I had no control with the remote. I was unable to land and hand to physically force the drive down and pin it to the ground and turn it off with the battery button. I put the drone back in place and took off again, the same thing happened. One of the blades got me when I did this and it sucked. The only way I was able to regain control over the drone was to power cycle the remote. That was not a fun experience.

I have done all calibrations on this drone several times and not sure what else to do. I think this gimble is dying a slow death. Can you suggest anything else or can we set up an RMA?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leon90