DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It could fly without problems

jlFdeCastro

Reactions
I would like to know if I could fly and not lose the signal from the drone, an MA2, in manual flight around the castle, at mid-altitude. I imagine that in mission of for example Dronelink, it would be feasible.
Greetings and thanks

Attachments

• castALMODOVAR.jpg
    castALMODOVAR.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 20
  • almodovar5.jpg
    almodovar5.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 21
  • almodovar4.jpg
    almodovar4.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 18
  • almodovar3.jpg
    almodovar3.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 16
  • almodovar2.jpg
    almodovar2.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 18
I haven't used any automated flight apps, but the MA2 has the OccuSync. 2.0 transmission system and should stay in contact with the controller during the flight if you are close to the launch point. Even if you're flying manually to get the shots.

Here in the USA, and probably other countries as well, we must keep the aircraft in VLOS (visual line of sight) during the flight.

Check local ordinances concerning drone flights in the area as there may be restrictions on launching from the property.

Do a test a flight with the software in an open field to the same parameters of the castle flight and see what happens.

Good luck on your mission. :)

Reactions: jlFdeCastro
I'm not sure about MA2 and Litchi but I've flown Litchi missions with my M2P around large buildings where the building totally obstructed a direct line between the M2 and controller and completed the mission flawlessly. One thing to be aware what you instruct your automated program to do after the mission is complete. If it is RTH, make certain that the RTH altitude is sufficient as in most cases the drone is going to make a bee-line back to the home point. I miscalculated the height of the building (using published information rather than Google Earth to check) and luckily the sensors on the M2 saved the day.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomcat1920