DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jitter and scrambled downlink video on a Moto G4 Plus

chelio

Reactions
Hi, I'm using a totally new Android Moto G4 plus smartphone running DJI go 4 connected via downlink video to the remote control.
The video abobe show the video received in the smartphone. Beside that, the commands in the dji go4 app has a lag of about 2 sec, making the control from the smartphone very hard. The video recorded in the sd card in the Mavic remains perfect...
I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and the result is the same.
Anyone knows any solution? Anyone knows if another app like Litchi works better in the moto G4 plus?

Thanks in advance!

I use the Moto X Pure edition that has a processor (Snapdragon 808) that can handle DJI GO 4 and not produce what you are seeing. It also handles Lichti just fine.

"The 801 has a higher RAM speed of 933 MHz compared to the 617 which has 800MHz. The former also has more memory channels (2 vs 1) and a much higher memory bandwidth 14.9 GB/s vs 6.4GB/s). This means that the 801 will allow for much faster read/write speeds and also faster data transfer between memory and CPU. It also supports eMMC 5.0 compared to 4.7 on the 617 which will give superior data transfer speeds."

This article details how the 801 Snapdragon processor differs from the 617. Since the 801 is in the same 8 series as the 808 in the Moto X Pure Edition I feel its a safe statement to say that the Snapdragon 617 processor will not handle the read write speeds and data transfer speeds necessary for DJI GO 4 to process video appropriately.