DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Joining the gimbal crack club

Threshold

Reactions
I read about the mavic gimble cracking issues and low and behold, when I was putting a filter on my lens I discovered the crack. It was in a very hidden spot, on the top of the gimbal. I probably would never of found it if I didn't put a filter on. The crack is adjacent to a screw, which confirms the "over-tightening" theory. Time to send it in... Anyone have any idea how long the wait usually is from the east coast?

Reactions: PROMOLOZO
I read about the mavic gimble cracking issues and low and behold, when I was putting a filter on my lens I discovered the crack. It was in a very hidden spot, on the top of the gimbal. I probably would never of found it if I didn't put a filter on. The crack is adjacent to a screw, which confirms the "over-tightening" theory. Time to send it in... Anyone have any idea how long the wait usually is from the east coast?
It took about 3 1/2 weeks for mine

c2f278269bfdcf01edb83ac599c368df.jpg

Also joined the club . Only my second flight . Upon putting my Mavic away I noticed a crack had developed by the screw on the gimble arm .
0415d74c8c0e0d1d8d53aef16dde9947.jpg

Other than that all had been good .

I think I may wait on sending it in. My mavic works great and other than the small crack works perfectly. I super glued the crack for now. I have the dji care plan so if the gimbal gets worst I will send it in.

Reactions: PROMOLOZO
I think I may wait on sending it in. My mavic works great and other than the small crack works perfectly. I super glued the crack for now. I have the dji care plan so if the gimbal gets worst I will send it in.
I wouldn't want to use the care plan for a manufacturing defect.
Keep an eye on it, but when you do send it in, make sure it doesn't debit your care plan. $.02

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukrze