DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Joystick savers for the broke ones...

Red_Raven

Reactions
I prefer to spend my money on fun stuff, I don't think stuff that protects my gear fun, even if it's necessary.

I've noticed people have been buying those 3d printed crap to protect the joysticks on the remote.... It's smart to protect them, specially if putting the remote into a soft bag.

I simply cutted this put of the box the mavic arrived in from dji, work as a charm and since it was ment to protect the joysticks from factory to end user, it should work fine for the job a little longer....

3789bf095332c1d9ed0040130041ab06.jpg

e269af83a4d93dd90cdad795c5693a49.jpg

dced9e4b48fe4490f8d1629afeb4e821.jpg

Reactions: Nomand Eloc
the joysticks are made out of metal... it really don't need an protection. i've had my mavic since Nov 2016, just been throwing the controller in my bag; no scuff marks, dings or issues.

Reactions: Red_Raven
the joysticks are made out of metal... it really don't need an protection. i've had my mavic since Nov 2016, just been throwing the controller in my bag; no scuff marks, dings or issues.
I believe the concern is that they get pushed past where they should more than actually breaking. I don't no for sure but it seams I have read a fair amount that stress on them is not a good thing.

I did this at first but the bar things are dirt cheap on ebay and slip on and off much easier.
Both ideas also protect the screen from scratches getting in and out of bags for example

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan