DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just The Good Stuff

its2loud

Reactions
LA Sunrise.jpg I would like to start a thread that only contains people's great experiences with the Mavic Pro. I understand that with great technology comes a lot of annoying issues but I'm tired of the Mavic bashing. It would be great if all the "help" threads can be moved to that section and then create a "good" Mavic Pro discussions section and maybe a "Mavic Bashing Discussions" sections. This way, nobody will feel left out and those who are tired of reading and seeing all the negativity can easily skip over it. What do users think?

I'll start.

I love the technology in the MP. I think the camera takes decent video and photos for size. I wasn't purchasing the MP to make broadcast quality imagery. Have their been some issues with FW upgrades? Sure there has. But it hasn't kept me from flying. I absolutely love that I can now see parts of the world from a perspective that I never could before. Thank you DJI for making this possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
The Mavic Pro is nothing but a disaster. The FW was totally flawed and my drone crashed all the time. One day it just took off and flew away. :D Nah, JK.

Love the Mavic Pro, haven't had any issues with it so far. It's been flawless.

I am an experienced drone pilot, from a hand built 450, through p1, p2, p3 (and a few small Chinese indoor units). I've built and fly airplanes (my favorites, believe it or not are the good old Champ $50 unit for flying inside gymnasiums and the Trojan models).

I got myself a Mavic Pro yesterday, and proceeded with the unboxing, setup, updating, etc. The experience of unboxing and attention to detail on the hardware build is awesome. The firmware update was a bit spotty at first, but seems par for the course. A few reboots of everything and the update worked swell over RF (phone to transmitter to Mavic). Definitely DJI has come a long way with their Apple'ish experience.

I'm heading out now with 3 full batteries, and will check if I can get it out to 7k (14k roundtrip on one battery! Here's to hoping)...

Q

My experience has been nothing but great, and that is even me wrecking it and breaking the rear left arm within 24 hours.

The whole process was smooth for me, firmware update took longer than expected but there was not a single problem with it. I have never flown a drone before, nor any other flying RC craft. Being able to fire this up and get it in the air within minutes was simply amazing to me. I understand stuff gets a bad rep at times due to issues that are real, but the fact this thing does as well as it does is just beyond me.

Can't wait to get my arm for it and get flying again.

I have only had my MP about a month now but I absolutely love it. I am still trying to learn some of the more advanced features with the camera and still practicing with the flight modes, but so far it is great! I have only crashed once and it was totally my fault. I was doing low level pull back camera shot and was near some trees and I was watching the screen when I should have been watching the MP and I backed into a tree because I didn't stop quick enough. But I was only 3 feet off the ground, it wasn't a hard impact and I picked it up, did a quick check and was back in the air in a couple of minutes with no issues. I have flown it over water, in high winds and even had some rather large BUG strikes (lol) and it has performed flawlessly.

I received mine on Tuesday and either the weather has been crap or I got home late all week so I haven't had a chance to fly it yet. Quality looks good. My phone synced up and after a slight bit of frustration with the FW updates not going I followed some information I found in a thread here and it zipped right through the updates after that.

Hoping to get up a little after work tonight and then get out hiking Sunday or Monday and run it.

Couldn't be happier. Every flight has been as advertised. Every update has been spot on and without issue at all. Love this thing.

Like a couple of others in this thread, I've been building these things for quite some time now (F450, F550, racing quad, S900) and I was so impressed when I opened the box and started to fly it.
It's the best drone I've ever owned hands down. I just can't get over the performance to size ratio - it's incredible.
If I wanted to fly my S900 it took about 2 days worth of planning & logistics. Nightmare.
I have not had one single issue with any of the firmware updates - every one has been flawless for me.
I have not had a single crash, and I am still using the original props.
I LOVE my Mavic

Just bought my mavic pro combo in a store in pompano beach, fl. Great to have a helpful service for a first drone, so now i'm just excited to try it ! By the way I saw good accessories on their website called Verydrone if some of you are interested for extra battery, pro filters or stuff like that for more flight !

Love my Mavic. I've never understood all of the flack others have tossed at it, as I think the Mav is one of DJI's best creations ever and one of the best consumer-grade drones to come our way so far. I have 76 flights with it now, each of them flawless, and have had NO problems whatsoever with my machine, not in any manner. The engineering is top notch. Its abilities are very engaging. You are only limited by your imagination as to what you can do with this flying wonder. But if you can't follow simple instructions, then you should buy a Frisbee instead.

Although I also have a Yuneec Typhoon H that I truly enjoy and fly routinely, too, the Mavic is used by me very often. Its small size makes it easy to take with me wherever I go so I can catch images on the fly (pun intended) as they pop up. I always keep a few batteries ready to go. Its many safety features make drone flying a less stressful, more pleasure-filled experience which allows me to push the envelope a little further every time I take it up. List me as a Mavic fan and a Mavic man!

I've had my Mavic for almost 2 weeks now. I really, really like it. The usage so far has been for property surveillance on an 80 acre ponderosa pine forest ranch outside of Colorado Springs. We have had a bunch of trespassers, loiterers, etc. The score so far: Drone-5, Punks-0.

When casually flying, I've been learning the different flight modes, etc. Litchi has performed flawlessly, the Go app seems to crash and under perform. Going in, I was aware of the known issues with the firmware and the go app (android), so it has made for a good experience. Prior to delivery, I had the work-arounds already in place.

I'm very happy with my purchase.

Great drone. Great camera. Great imagery.

Other than DJI airspace "nannying", which is more about company policiy than actual hardware or software issues, no problems, no calibrations, 5 months and 300 flights later.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman