DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kayaking + Mavic Pro = Awesome Sauce!

Garuda

Reactions
Just wanted to share my kayaking video with my Mavic Pro with me for the first time. Personally really happy with the results and how nice it is to have a drone that you easily can launch to get the viewers a better vantage point, on your locations and so on. Enjoy!

very nice video!!
The tumble over scared me a little haha...
Thanks! Just very happy with my purchase of this compact drone and how cool videos become with some aerial photo in them. Love this thing!

My wife actually bought our Mavic just for this very reason. I have video of us kayaking from all different angles but she wanted some aerials so that is why she bought our MP. So far it has been great. Folds down small enough I can put it in a dry bag and slip it into the cockpit with me, or into a dry hatch and away we go. I am still trying to figure out a little roll out landing pad that I can pop up on the deck and launch and recover from the water though. Haven't tried hand catching yet from the boat but may attempt it in some flat water over the summer. I am working on editing all the video from our week long 208 mile trip back in April and hopefully in another month I can post some on here.

Great video! I just recently did the same and took my Mavic kakaking and it turned out great. Take a look.

Reactions: Garuda
My wife actually bought our Mavic just for this very reason. I have video of us kayaking from all different angles but she wanted some aerials so that is why she bought our MP. So far it has been great. Folds down small enough I can put it in a dry bag and slip it into the cockpit with me, or into a dry hatch and away we go. I am still trying to figure out a little roll out landing pad that I can pop up on the deck and launch and recover from the water though. Haven't tried hand catching yet from the boat but may attempt it in some flat water over the summer. I am working on editing all the video from our week long 208 mile trip back in April and hopefully in another month I can post some on here.

I'd recommend practicing catching on dry land. Not easy, but once you understand what you need to do, it's not too bad.

Very nicely done...thanks for sharing.

That would be awesome to see!

Those are great. I went kayaking Sunday, but was to chicken to get anything but pre-launch video. Not enough hand launch/land practice, but soon.

Magnus, I actually subscribed to your YT channel before I saw the stuff here. Found it searching for drone/kayak videos and your comments to kayakhipster.

You've got a lot of great videos on your channel.

Last edited:
Those are great. I went kayaking Sunday, but was to chicken to get anything but pre-launch video. Not enough hand launch/land practice, but soon.

Magnus, I actually subscribed to your YT channel before I saw the stuff here. Found it searching for drone/kayak videos and your comments to kayakhipster.

You've got a lot of great videos on your channel.
Thanks, to be honest all the launches/landings that was made during this trip was from land. Just had to plan ahead where to land etc. also need more practice with that :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom