DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Keep camera lens clean.. Whats your regime?

Ikopta

Reactions
Important part of shoot video, keeping the lens free of greasy fingerprints, rain water etc. Sometimes over looked (guilty). Whats your regime? Cautious on using any "cleaner" because of the lens coating.

Important part of shoot video, keeping the lens free of greasy fingerprints, rain water etc. Sometimes over looked (guilty). Whats your regime? Cautious on using any "cleaner" because of the lens coating.

Lens pen all the way! Soft brush on one side to brush away sand and debris (rocket blower works well for this too) and a microfiber cleaning pad on the other end.

For photography equipment, I keep a filter on the lens all the time (I keep my ND8pl cineseries polapro on my mpp). I try to never touch a lens with anything other than air (the rocket blower is what I use as well). If something does actually get on the lens that I can't blow off, a brand new microfiber cloth is OK to use...but you have to be SO careful there's nothing on the cloth - and once you've wiped it, don't go back and wipe again with the same part of the cloth (in case you picked up something that can damage the surface when you wipe it across the lens again).

A lens pens (like this one) is inexpensive and works well for removing dust and fingerprints from the lens and/or filters. It's small and should be sufficient for most pilots needs.

61pL4hkrpoL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Never tried one of those pens before, seems like the community recommends them - maybe I'll give it a try. Personally I go for Visible Dust's lens cleaner (Lens Clean. Liquid cleaner for optical surfaces.) and a microfibre cloth. I find that the solution eliminates static (and any swirlmarks) so the lens actually stays cleaner longer.

I use a UV filter, always fixed to the camera, and clean only the filter :) this protect and avoid me touching the camera lenses (PGY-TECH ND filters).

Reactions: Ping^Spike
I use a UV filter, always fixed to the camera, and clean only the filter :) this protect and avoid me touching the camera lenses (PGY-TECH ND filters).

Ditto that.

None of my lenses has ever been touched by anything other than the air between them and the filters.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter