DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kickstarter Zing drone delivery service

No, it's not. Having drones flying all over place delivering stuff on a whim would be the problem I'm talking about.

I would rather have 1,000 drone pilots delivering stuff on a whim, than 1 recreational pilot who has no idea how to fly his drone, and ends up hurting himself or someone else.

My UPS driver, Amazon drivers, taxi drivers and Fedex drivers come racing through my neighborhood. Do they bother me? Heck yes they do. They are driving huge vehicles that kill alot of people every year. Drones do not. Lethailty from a drone strike is, at the very best, a fraction of a fraction of 1%.

I hope you dont live near an airport. The air traffic would make you crazy. Live near a highway? All those whimsical people driving around probably bug you too.

You cant stop progress, amigo. Drones are coming, and its about time.

I would rather have 1,000 drone pilots delivering stuff on a whim, than 1 recreational pilot who has no idea how to fly his drone, and ends up hurting himself or someone else.

My UPS driver, Amazon drivers, taxi drivers and Fedex drivers come racing through my neighborhood. Do they bother me? Heck yes they do. They are driving huge vehicles that kill alot of people every year. Drones do not. Lethailty from a drone strike is, at the very best, a fraction of a fraction of 1%.

I hope you dont live near an airport. The air traffic would make you crazy. Live near a highway? All those whimsical people driving around probably bug you too.

You cant stop progress, amigo. Drones are coming, and its about time.
You've not been making a lot of sense and you contradict yourself in the first two paragraphs here. I guess you just can't grasp the potential of how intrusive delivery drones will be if drone delivery services gain traction.

I'm satisfied where I live and it happens to be in a neighborhood that's pretty peaceful and quiet - for now. And guess what? I had a choice in picking a place to live. I''ll have no such choice if delivery drones become a thing. One problem with drone delivery services being successful is that you would likely end up having to live out in the middle of nowhere to get away from the racket and sight of them. And the business will be dominated by larger corporations and there will be no benefit to your average person that would like to try making a living with a drone. Finally, the idea that a mavic 2 pro could be used in a viable delivery service for providing consumer goods is a child's fantasy.

I hate the idea of delivery drones for delivering consumer goods - not my definition of progress. But you love it. So let's move on, shall we?

You've not been making a lot of sense and you contradict yourself in the first two paragraphs here.

Uh oh, what are you saying? Are you saying I'm senile? Argumentative? Crotchety? Comes with the territory of old age.

Here are some other pointers you should be aware of, care of Jack Nicholson in The Bucket List

1. Never waste an erec***
  2. Never trust a fart
  3. Never pass a bathroom

@MavicMikeK I just noticed you're from middle GA and youre a member of gamarc. Did you go to Perry this year? I wanted to go because I had dozens of aircraft for sale, but missed it.

Yes, I was at the Southeastern Model Show and was running the raffle ticket sales tables, been doing that for the past 8 years. We sold over $2,000 in raffle tickets and had 25 winners. The event was great this year lots more attended and we had 4 buildings including one for indoor flying with drones and small fixed wings planes. We sold out over 1,000 swap tables. Our club runs the event every year. Hope to meet you there next year, just stop by the raffle table and I'll be there!

Reactions: Former Member
Yes, I was at the Southeastern Model Show and was running the raffle ticket sales tables, been doing that for the past 8 years. We sold over $2,000 in raffle tickets and had 25 winners. The event was great this year lots more attended and we had 4 buildings including one for indoor flying with drones and small fixed wings planes. We sold out over 1,000 swap tables. Our club runs the event every year. Hope to meet you there next year, just stop by the raffle table and I'll be there!

Did you happen to know Mac Hodges?

Did you happen to know Mac Hodges?

Sure, been to his field and store many times, years ago, before it closed. My wife and I used to go there for all his events, they were a lot of fun. Mac & Bill are good friends of mine. When I got into RC flying I bought my first plane and PC simulator from him, a Hanger 9 trainer. He sometimes flys his small plane up to our gama field when we have war birds day.

Reactions: Former Member
Sure, been to his field and store many times, years ago, before it closed. My wife and I used to go there for all his events, they were a lot of fun. Mac & Bill are good friends of mine. When I got into RC flying I bought my first plane and PC simulator from him, a Hanger 9 trainer. He sometimes flys his small plane up to our gama field when we have war birds day.

I was a member of GMA when it was up up here in Forsyth County. Used to fly there a few times a week. Then it moved further and further out, so I slowed down going. Then along come drones... the rest is history.

$3 prime, one day shipping to my door. That was the only thing in the box. Good luck competing with that
igamgk.jpg

$3 prime, one day shipping to my door. That was the only thing in the box. Good luck competing with that
igamgk.jpg

Yeah but it would be worth alot more if you needed it now. Thats why they made convenience stores. They charge alot more than supermarkets, but you pay for the convenience.

Drone delivery is for people who want or need it now.

It's funny. This is what people were saying when Fedex was born. Who needs it tomorrow? Why pay so much for delivery? If you need it, and have the money to pay for it, its worth every penny.

I don't think its a matter of would people use it and is it even possible but rather how much can a Mavic realistically haul and at what cost for the service?. Anything more than a bag of chips and a soda pop would not work. Its true that you have to start somewhere and using Phantoms and Mavic's will most certainly reveal a need for something more substantial and practical. I wish them well, when they actually have a reasonable plan that makes sense its possible many would be interested.

I can lift a lot too. But the amount that I can lift and carry safely for any amount of time is a lot less than just hoisting something up and holding it for a minute. ;)

Actually, exactly the opposite. The initial lift takes more energy than the other parts of the flight. Take for example, the clean and jerk vs the dead lift. If the drone were deadlifting, yes the battery would run down faster. Once the weight is lifted, the rest is aerodynamics.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4