DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kid on bike tried to shoot my MP down.

Well while we're waiting for that video to be uploaded correctly , here is a video of me flying a while back with some teenagers shooting at my bird. Farmland and a public used pond , so not breaking any rules here. At first I thought they were drug dealing because a lot of that going on out here , was on my return trip and they opened fire.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
Go back another day and get the footage of the tosser drawing a gun in public to shoot someones property, then take it to the law and have the clown charged.

If the general public are that paranoid about drones then they should be banned fullstop according to some dills here.

LOL
Love that Australian slang man! :D

Well while we're waiting for that video to be uploaded correctly , here is a video of me flying a while back with some teenagers shooting at my bird. Farmland and a public used pond , so not breaking any rules here. At first I thought they were drug dealing because a lot of that going on out here , was on my return trip and they opened fire.

I'm hoping every single law enforcement agency in the country (mine and yours also) buys drones for surveillance and any other reason they need one, THEN when a punk shoots one down which is owned by law enforcement, the cops will be after them you can bet. THEN maybe they'll think twice before taking pot shots at someone's expensive drone. Yes, I agree with some here, and also if you are being irresponsible maybe you need yours shot down. In your case with the P4 (I couldn't watch the OP's video before he took it down) you were steady moving and looking at the video quality I'd guess you were zoomed in to show the shooter... and were likely much higher up than it appeared, plus non stop moving. I'm like you, they were probably up to no good, happened to be armed and figured they'd shoot down any evidence of whatever they were up to behind that shed.

Reactions: Fallguy and BigAl07
Right or wrong, the fact is that a huge segment of the general population is extremely paranoid about drones. That being the case, IMHO it's best to avoid flying near people. Not so much because they might shoot your drone (which is a possibility) but mainly to prevent more anti-drone hysteria.

I saw that video a good while back but can't remember where. Was it over at PhantomPilots maybe?

Should be easy to find if you have the time.
These geniuses will surly return to the seen of the crime.

Hey thanks man, i draw you a picture of the footage since it has been removed.

Mav cruising at about 50M height, sees movement towards left. Mav stops and turns slightly left to view kid on bike. Mav zooms in on kid from same height, must be in 1080 recording to do so. Mav still stationary, kids dismounts, turns and runs into garage and comes back in 10 seconds with stick looking object but obviously a gun when he lifts it to shoulder, just then mav driver takes a dump and does quick u-turn and bolts. 10 seconds later mav spins back to view threat which has subsided with kid walking back into garage. full stop and roll the credits. :)
Yes that is a very acurate description of the event. I would just add that the kid was on a public road when I first spotted him. When the kid returned to his property he was approximately 30 feet from the road and in full public view.
He hand no reasonable expectation of privacy. My MP remained over a field and never crossed into his property. I took the video down because of all the negative comments and I think the kid should not be judged by us on this forum.

You wrote about a "kid" so i m assuming who gave him a gun in 1st place?

Depends on the kids age and type of gun. My 8 year old owns a BB Gun. I owned a 20 gauge shot gun from when I was 10 years old and used to hunt rabbits with it.

I saw that video a good while back but can't remember where. Was it over at PhantomPilots maybe?
Yes . I originally posted a funny video of them thinking they were drug dealing and I was chasing them off. When I went in for a closer look at their license plates I zoomed in on them and thats when I first saw the other 2 holding their ears . Then watched even more closely and slowed down the video and the rest of the video tells the true story.

Reactions: BigAl07

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suretybondprofessionals