DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kona and Kauai

Thanks for this...

Now about launching and returning to a beach. I see this everywhere! We did it (with a local drone pilot) with an Inspire 2 at Lanikai last year and on Kauai from several beaches. What is everyone doing out there? Seems like one of those regulations in writing, but much overlooked unless someone complains.

Don't you see this going on daily? I see a lot of drones taking off from Magic Island going down offshore across hotels at Waikiki and over the surfers of course, but returning to Magic Island as well...

I am also wondering if a polarizing lens would not help you the best of both worlds; bright clouds and need to capture land objects and scenery...

Flew in both Kona and on Maui a couple weeks ago. We had a blast and having a Mavic with us enhanced every familymemory. More then anything I always avoided people and when flying if I encountered someone would make them comfortable with the technology by inviting them over to take a look and explain what I was doing. I never exceeded 400 ft. and always flew in sight. You will have a blast!View attachment 14892 View attachment 14893 View attachment 14894

I was searching "Kona" looking for info for an upcoming trip and in your first picture I see the condo building where we'll be staying. Can't wait to go.

Randy

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga