DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LA to San Fran

Island

Reactions
Took a road trip from Santa Monica to San Francisco, with only one battery in the two days but still managed to get some cool footage.
Enjoy

Really cool, except for 1:16. That powerline was a very close call. Please please please don't fly so close to highways. A falling drone into highway traffic can cause deadly accidents.

As for the rest of the video, the saturation was pushed just a bit too high for my tastes, and a couple night views were out of focus (compared to others at the same range). The editing was entertaining and the shots were pretty.

Really cool, except for 1:16. That powerline was a very close call. Please please please don't fly so close to highways. A falling drone into highway traffic can cause deadly accidents.

As for the rest of the video, the saturation was pushed just a bit too high for my tastes, and a couple night views were out of focus (compared to others at the same range). The editing was entertaining and the shots were pretty.

Thanks for the feedback, this was basically my second time making a video, final cut pro could get pretty confusing.

Very cool. Did you have a car charger for your battery or how did you get by on only one?
I stopped by a walmart and picked up a car charger to ac, so as I drove to the next spot I charged quickly. Not the best solution but it got me enough charge for the most part.
I now have 3 batteries waiting for my next adventure

Slower fluid pans please. Jerky video in spots. Set your gimbal yaw lower . Or switch to tripod mode.
You can cut around the jerky motion in post, but then you loose some footage as a result. I am training myself to not pan as quickly as well. The small sticks on the controller take barely any input to achieve slow tracking movements.

Really good for second video! You have a good eye. Make sure to always set your RTH altitude properly for the environment you are shooting in.

Make sure to always set your RTH altitude properly for the environment you are shooting in.

Great reminder for everyone BD0G! Especially with shooting in so many different environments.

Very nice video. Be aware some of the locations you were flying were NFZ's like at the pier and at GG bridge.

You can always verify the area you want to fly here - AirMap.io

Reactions: halley
Very well done, 5 star! When you edited the file (great job BTW) did you saturate the color on the Golden GB? It seems almost too red.

Very well done, 5 star! When you edited the file (great job BTW) did you saturate the color on the Golden GB? It seems almost too red.

Thank you! Yes I did mess with it a little, maybe I shouldn't have as I am color blind so it looks fine to me :eek:

Thank you! Yes I did mess with it a little, maybe I shouldn't have as I am color blind so it looks fine to me :eek:
No, it looked great. I just wondered if that was stock Mavic or retouched. Liked the speed up effect too.

Did you see that power line at 1:16? That looks like an OH **** moment.

That was my first comment above-- if you hit the powerline, or even if you get close enough that the GPS is confused, you drop like a stone into someone's windshield at 75 MPH. This is a deadly place to fly. Avoid such places.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbtha7467