DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landed too fast bounced off now mavic can't fully connect to controller

Thirdy

Reactions
I flew my mavic at the lake and so I disabled the vision positioning. When my controller alerted me of 30% battery I tried to land my mavic but I totally forgot that I disabled the vision positioning sensor so landing protection was also off. Landed a little bit too fast and bounced off. There was no major damage that I can see. The left rear arm is a just a little bit wobbly compared to the other arm. I installed a fresh battery and tried to fly it again but controller is not connecting fully to the mavic. After the "connecting" will show up it will disappear but controller will only show battery percentage and controller icon thats it no other information. I can start the mavic and it seems to respond to throttle (i removed the propeller) but thats it no way of finding out about gps and other information. What can be the problem why controller is not fully connected to mavic and ipad is showing disconnected but I see camera video on screen. I will try to take a picture or video later

Did you try to reestablish the pairing between the Mavic and the RC?

yes I did. I pushed the reset button to connect. And it does connect but controller doesnt show all info like gps etc. Only the battery percentage on lower left side and a controller icon (with moving bars) on the upper right side and nothing else.

I think you're stuck with sending the Mavic back to DJI for repair... My advice is to avoid using the "Landing Protection" feature and land manually instead, since you get used to the Mavic coming to a hover a few feet above the ground before actually landing, so if you have it off, you forget that this behaviour has been disabled and land way too hard...

The other issue could be as simple as a loose antenna connection - perhaps open up the Mavic and take a peek.
The wobbly leg could be something you should figure out and fix asap, since if that goes you will have another crash immediately.

Reactions: james brooke
yeah I just decided to send mavic for repair. I didn't want fiddling with the internals. Thanks again guys

Reactions: geigy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky