DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Latest dji fly more delivery saga

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
To Recap: Ordered May 13, the Fly More Plus was mailed about two weeks ago. It was improperly sent via ground to Alaska and returned to DJI. Emails and Chats ensued. The reshipped it. The. Same. Incorrect. Way. More email. More chat. Wait wait wait. They promised they would ship it and finally I get an email with a link to tracking with DHL. There I see...drumroll...shipping from Netherlands. Next stop Italy. Then ...then...customs. Then NY etc etc. I go nuts and send a very angry letter (odd for me) to DJI support and get on chat with them. Chat man says "here is the correct tracking". It is coming from China (not CA for somebody's sake) and will come to Anchorage...then make its' way north. We'll see. I leave on vacation Aug 2. The prediction is 5-7 days. We'll see. I have never encountered such shipping incompetence. At least they do ship to Alaska, albeit incompetently. Virtually nobody else in the world I know of will ship lithium batteries here. There is no longer any GoPro dealer here. Next time I need some I will have to have a relative buy them and send them up. very frustrating.

Virtually nobody else in the world I know of will ship lithium batteries here. There is no longer any GoPro dealer here. Next time I need some I will have to have a relative buy them and send them up. very frustrating.

While it must be quite frustrating, why do you fault DJI.? Obviously, batteries are an issue to your outpost in the hinterlands, and, as you stated, most companies won't even send them there. ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

Reactions: Torque
While it must be quite frustrating, why do you fault DJI.? Obviously, batteries are an issue to your outpost in the hinterlands, and, as you stated, most companies won't even send them there. ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯
A friend ordered the same thing. He has had it delivered by DJI correctly. There is a proper way to send them. UPS calls it Air Regulated and if sent that way it is not a problem. Fed Ex sends such packages from DJI with no problem when properly shipped. DJI sent it twice by ground which is not permissible to this address. The mistake was DJI entirely. The third time they sent me a confirmation email making me think it was being sent from Europe which cost me another hour of consultation with DHS and then a long wait for DJI chat only for them to tell me the email sent by DJI support was wrong and the package is being sent from China. I fault DJI because it has been their series of mistake from start to finish. I await the outcome...

A friend ordered the same thing. He has had it delivered by DJI correctly. There is a proper way to send them. UPS calls it Air Regulated and if sent that way it is not a problem. Fed Ex sends such packages from DJI with no problem when properly shipped. DJI sent it twice by ground which is not permissible to this address. The mistake was DJI entirely. The third time they sent me a confirmation email making me think it was being sent from Europe which cost me another hour of consultation with DHS and then a long wait for DJI chat only for them to tell me the email sent by DJI support was wrong and the package is being sent from China. I fault DJI because it has been their series of mistake from start to finish. I await the outcome...
Well, since you state in all your other threads on this same topic that nobody else will ship to you so it seems you're lucky they even make an attempt. :) Sometimes the quality of "lower level" employees leave a lot to be desired. Maybe it's best that DJI also stops shipping to AK ? :) You chose to live there !!! Maybe your best bet is to either have the guy down the street order for you because maybe they like him better :D or like you said, have a friend in the lower 48 order for you have them reship in a plain brown wrapper by USPS and they can bring it in on the next ski plane or by the ice road truckers!

Sorry for busting your balz but your only other option is to move so your would avoid being picked on by the incompetent shippers at DJI !

Reactions: Torque
Well, since you state in all your other threads on this same topic that nobody else will ship to you so it seems you're lucky they even make an attempt. :) Sometimes the quality of "lower level" employees leave a lot to be desired. Maybe it's best that DJI also stops shipping to AK ? :) You chose to live there !!! Maybe your best bet is to either have the guy down the street order for you because maybe they like him better :D or like you said, have a friend in the lower 48 order for you have them reship in a plain brown wrapper by USPS and they can bring it in on the next ski plane or by the ice road truckers!

Sorry for busting your balz but your only other option is to move so your would avoid being picked on by the incompetent shippers at DJI !
I completely agree. I am confident that they like my friend better than I. Humorously my friend is in fact an ice road trucker. He creates the ice roads in the winter over which supplies and equipment travel. I have informed my wife we must in fact move per your suggestion!

• Haha
Reactions: RetiredInFL
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR