DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Latest Go4 version compatible with 0.400 FW?

treytexag

Reactions
I see this topic is out there, but I can't seem to find a straight-up answer. My MP is on 0.400 and want to leave it there for obvious reasons. I'm running Go4 version 4.0.8, but would certainly like to update it to something more current, if possible.

Without putzing with the Go4 software, anybody know what the latest (most recently issued) version of the iOS Go4 app is compatible with the 0.400 FW?

I hate to "mess things up" by updating my iOS Go4 version to something that doesn't work (or play nice) with my 0.400 FW on the MP.

Please help me out if you know. Or point me to the right thread . . . . I've dug around searching for about an hour or so, no luck.

Thanks folks, and Happy Holidays.
Treytexag

Avoid 4.1.18. It has messed many things up. It works on iOS if you have the right iOS version. I am not an iPerson so do not have the specifics but that has been discussed in this forum. 4.1.15 has been stable for both iOS and Android.

I see this topic is out there, but I can't seem to find a straight-up answer. My MP is on 0.400 and want to leave it there for obvious reasons. I'm running Go4 version 4.0.8, but would certainly like to update it to something more current, if possible.

Without putzing with the Go4 software, anybody know what the latest (most recently issued) version of the iOS Go4 app is compatible with the 0.400 FW?

I hate to "mess things up" by updating my iOS Go4 version to something that doesn't work (or play nice) with my 0.400 FW on the MP.

Please help me out if you know. Or point me to the right thread . . . . I've dug around searching for about an hour or so, no luck.

Treytexag
I'm using 4.1.3 with .900 fw and they work fine. I can't see there being a problem for you basically doing the same.

Mossiback and Mavic6611 - thank you so much for responding!

If I load up 4.1.3 on my Ipad and give it a go, what's the worse that could happen? Is it simply a matter of it won't work and my MP won't fly, or is it more along the lines of I could be up in the air with some kind of "catastrophic" failure due to MP / RC firmware incompatibilities?

I'd love to get to 4.1.3. From DJI:

Capture the world from above. DJI GO 4.0 has been optimized for all of DJI's latest products. These include the Phantom 4,Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Pro, and Inspire 2. It provides near real-time image transmission and camera settings adjustment, as well as editing and sharing of aerial imagery.

Features:

• All-new Homepage and UI
  • Near Real-time HD Image Transmission
  • Camera Settings Adjustment
  • Updated playback interface
  • Updated Editor with improved UI
  • More templates and music tracks in Editor
  • Convenient video downloading, editing and sharing
  • Integrated live streaming
  • Near real-time flight data recording

Really like to try the live streaming, and knew I don't have that functionality now.

Treytexag
Houston

The worse that could happen? That opens up a world of possibilities but to keep it real, Go 4 will most likely lock up, give crappy video, or just stop working while flying. You should still have control and if you think Go 4 is making something weird happen you can simply unplug it from the RC and fly without it. Hopefully you are flying within VLOS and will be able to bring it back without problems.

Reactions: treytexag
The worse that could happen? That opens up a world of possibilities but to keep it real, Go 4 will most likely lock up, give crappy video, or just stop working while flying. You should still have control and if you think Go 4 is making something weird happen you can simply unplug it from the RC and fly without it. Hopefully you are flying within VLOS and will be able to bring it back without problems.

Yepper Mossiback, you're right. I can unplug and fly by LOS - good point. Noob question on my part.

Appreciate the assist . . . . . .

Treytexag
Houston

Treytexag

You can't update an ios app to a specific version, only to the latest version. (at least, no easy way; you'll need some ninja skills)

Features:...
  • Integrated live streaming
Really like to try the live streaming, and knew I don't have that functionality now....
Version 4.1.15 has integrated live streaming.

Mossiback and Mavic6611 - thank you so much for responding!

If I load up 4.1.3 on my Ipad and give it a go, what's the worse that could happen? Is it simply a matter of it won't work and my MP won't fly, or is it more along the lines of I could be up in the air with some kind of "catastrophic" failure due to MP / RC firmware incompatibilities?
Hi mate. Just sent you an in box

Reactions: treytexag
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast