DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Legal pictures

They can as long as the website is not used to make money.

Interesting. To go further into this logic, then all youtube videos from drones are essentially illegal? I mean, Google makes money off of youtube through ad revenue, etc. The same as a newspaper or any other site would make money to either provide a service, get ad revenue, or sell a product. What if they took a publicly licensed aerial photo from some random web search off the internet? Are they liable for FAA investigation?

This whole concept just seems ridiculous. It's almost like the FAA holds all rights to aerial photos and video if you want to use a picture for anything business related, unless the origin is from a Part 107 licensed pilot.

It's almost like the FAA holds all rights to aerial photos and video if you want to use a picture for anything business related, unless the origin is from a Part 107 licensed pilot.
They don't hold all rights to aerial photos/videos, but they can tell you what you can and cannot do with a commercial aircraft. If you want to fly as a hobbyist, then don't go out and help people make money with their businesses ;)

i am a realtor. I know if i was going to get paid for pictures I would need more insurance etc.. however, if I just take pictures for my listings and i only usually fly up and take a couple of the backyards, is there a problem with this?

Or just take the pics & don’t say anything. The feds are not going out of their way to lock guys up for taking drone pics for their business. They have bigger fish to fry.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman