Join Us Now

Lens hood/protective cover

Twan

Reactions
Hi,

I recent bought a lens hood for a couple of bucks on ebay:
s-l400.jpg

Is there a downside to these things?
Because it seems strange that DJI didn't add this to the box because it has -at least- 2 big advantages: protection en glare.

Reactions: ZALEXANDERK
Reactions: CyberNate
Hi,

I recent bought a lens hood for a couple of bucks on ebay:
s-l400.jpg

Is there a downside to these things?
Because it seems strange that DJI didn't add this to the box because it has -at least- 2 big advantages: protection en glare.

"Couple of Bucks" dang. I paid about $19 plus shipping a few months ago.

"Couple of Bucks" dang. I paid about $19 plus shipping a few months ago.
I got one of these and the first time I flew with it on I didn't see it at all in my footage and today the top of it covered a quarter of my footage. Would this be Gimbal related ?

I'd be all over this if it came with a gimbal clamp switch of some sort

I have two but haven't tried them out. I have read that some see the edge in the frame when filming in sport mode . Others have trimmed them with a sander and others have no issues .....if you wait long enough everything created for the Mavic will eventually be available from China for 1/10 of the cost :)

Probably the reason DJI didn't include one is that it would be a bit awkward in always having to take the lens hood on and off in order to put the gimbal lock on after each set of flights. As for preventing lens flare, the camera on a Mavic has a moderately wide-angle lens on it. Lens hoods are not very effective on wide-angle lenses because the lens hoods have to have very large openings in order to not block the lens' field of view. Just looking at the picture of this lens hood it's obvious that the only time it's going to be blocking sun rays from hitting the lens is if the rays are coming in at an extreme angle almost perpendicular to the direction that the camera is pointing in. For all other angles, the lens hood serves no purpose at all in terms of preventing lens flare.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine