DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lightroom's Camera Raw

Sportflyer

Reactions
Posted this in a previous older thread but think it's best to just create its own....

Hey guys I had a question related to the "embedded profile" of the DNG files that come off the mavic... so I understand Lightroom has a profile for lens correction... but under camera profile which does the actually color rendering, right? The profile just says embedded, and gives no other profiles to choose from? Other cameras have others to choose from correct? And when I look at adobes website it does not show the mavic as a supported camera? They have iPhones and many others... but shows that the mavic is supported Under lens correction, but not under raw processing portion is this because the file comes out of the mavic as a straight DNG? And with DNG files everything is embedded within the file? So the color rendering is atoumatically applied? And this is why you will never see the mavic supported under raw camera profiles? So are all camera made DNGs just one profile, the one that is embedded? Then if this is true, are there times DNG files will also have multiple profiles to choose from under camera profiles?

Started reaching this as the DNG colors were significantly off compared to the JPEGs! I understand the processing between the two are different as far as jpeg vs Raws are concerned... but in some photos i of some flowers with jpeg+raw, the jpegs had purple flowers and the raws had blue!!
Also I saw I think it was in the last update it said something above improved DNG color! So hopefully this might be a fix!
Thanks
Just trying to understand all this... I'm I on the right tack?

LR has a lens correction profile for the Mavic since latest update a week or so ago. It's nearly identical to the built-in profile, difference is minor.

I understand there is a lens correction profile, but Why no "camera profile" under the camera cailbration? That is what I am wondering about? Is there a "camera profile" for that one? I believe this is separate from the "lens correction "profile and is responsible for rendering the colors of the raw! Or again is this just embedded? (Baked in)

Reactions: True fly
I'm shooting RAW images but they are clearly not RAW when i view in Lightroom. Its like they are JPG. Options state "embedded" under profile which implies they have edits associated with the DNG. They are now actually RAW then right?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven