DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Linking Two Different Mavic 2 Controllers (NOT for use at the same time)?

7KJT7Y2I

Reactions
I just upgraded from a Mavic Pro to a Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual.

Given that they're both Mavic 2 airframes, I want to ensure redundancy wherever I can.

I don't need to use two controllers at the same time. I merely want to link both controllers to both aircraft, so that when I'm in the field, I don't have to stop flying to recharge the controller. I can just switch to the other controller (with a full charge). I have no need to fly both aircraft at the same time (not that that's ever a good idea).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I just upgraded from a Mavic Pro to a Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual.

Given that they're both Mavic 2 airframes, I want to ensure redundancy wherever I can.

I don't need to use two controllers at the same time. I merely want to link both controllers to both aircraft, so that when I'm in the field, I don't have to stop flying to recharge the controller. I can just switch to the other controller (with a full charge). I have no need to fly both aircraft at the same time (not that that's ever a good idea).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
each link is individual. there is no issues using same controller but you will need to re-link it every time for each bird every time you swap. not sure it is worth the hassle.

Reactions: 7KJT7Y2I
Thanks for the help! In my case, it's worth the hassle. It takes so long to recharge the controller that having the ability to switch over to a new one with a fresh battery makes that extra work with it.

Thanks for the help! In my case, it's worth the hassle. It takes so long to recharge the controller that having the ability to switch over to a new one with a fresh battery makes that extra work with it.
the good part it links very fast and it is quite easy and simple to do. i also keep my original small controller for redundancy, but use new smart controller only now. but, old one still works, and if needed for litchy app - it can be used.

the good part it links very fast and it is quite easy and simple to do. i also keep my original small controller for redundancy, but use new smart controller only now. but, old one still works, and if needed for litchy app - it can be used.

Good to know. When you say original, are you talking about the controller for the Mavic Pro?

... It takes so long to recharge the controller that having the ability to switch over to a new one with a fresh battery makes that extra work with it.
I am not sure about the M2 and Enterprise, but with the MP/MPP remote you can plug a USB power supply in the side port and connect to your display with the center USB port.

sorry, no, mavic 2 pro`s original remote. new one is the 'smart remote' - one with an integrated crystalsky android screen unit.

Cool. That reminds me, I almost got the ‘smart remote’ solely for the HDMI-out capability. With S&R in particular, a separate display is extremely helpful. I’m an Apple guy, so I’m about to make a TV kit with a stand-alone car battery / inverter combo, powering a TV and an old Apple TV. I would just screenshare my iPhone 8 Plus (maybe an iPad in the future) to the Apple TV via AirPlay. I need to do the math on the electrical characteristics of the system though, so I can figure out what kind of performance it would have and what would work best (or even if a car battery is feasible).

I am not sure about the M2 and Enterprise, but with the MP/MPP remote you can plug a USB power supply in the side port and connect to your display with the center USB port.

I didn’t know that that was possible! I assumed only one port should be used at any given time. I usually use my center USB port anyway, for the display. I can just plug in a high-capacity USB battery pack to the side!

Are there any downsides or suggestions on trying it out on the M2 controller? I want to make sure I don’t damage it and I have no idea if I should take certain steps while testing.

I didn’t know that that was possible! I assumed only one port should be used at any given time. I usually use my center USB port anyway, for the display. I can just plug in a high-capacity USB battery pack to the side!

Are there any downsides or suggestions on trying it out on the M2 controller? I want to make sure I don’t damage it and I have no idea if I should take certain steps while testing.
you not going to damage anything.
as an another hint - if you have a fly more kit, it comes with a little adapter you can put on your regular battery and it has 2 usb ports. you can then use your drone`s battery to feed your controller.
found it.
https://www.amazon.com/Epic-Battery...dapter&qid=1551212678&s=toys-and-games&sr=1-4

sorry it is a part for an old mavic pro. there is a same one for new mavic 2 batteries also, but i cannot find it on amazon.

I didn’t know that that was possible! I assumed only one port should be used at any given time. I usually use my center USB port anyway, for the display. I can just plug in a high-capacity USB battery pack to the side!...
I forgot to charge my MP RC so I plugged in a spent MP battery using the adapter from the FMC and continued flying. There can be problems if you have a cord plugged into the side port that is not connected to anything but plugging in a power supply is okay.
...Are there any downsides or suggestions on trying it out on the M2 controller? I want to make sure I don’t damage it and I have no idea if I should take certain steps while testing.
I cannot vouch for the M2 RC but I would be surprised if it caused a problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR