DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi - add waypoints to a saved plan based on drone position

TheDigitalDove

Reactions
Hi
I need to build a complex flight path. For reasons that don't need to be explored i must walk the entire path with my mavic2 flying as it would and insert waypoints and Poi's from the M2p position by pressing the C1 button i have set.
After the mission is saved, I will need to add waypoints to the same plan by loading it and continuing beyond the last waypoint previously created and in the same manner based on the drone GPS coord.
Is it possible to do that using the C1 button on a different occasion or is it only possible to manually add a waypoint to a saved plan by tapping on screen or mission hub?

Second, if so i assume its not possible to add one in the same manner between two waypoints other than flying to the location, approximating and then inserting it manually in between ?

Last edited:
Everything You have said Can Be done - as You've said it -
Note that the walk may end up having your drone dangerously Low - Possibly 1-2 M off the ground or object you are walking on-
… But even this can be group changed - by selecting all waypoints and adding a few metres.

Also Note that because the Drone uses GPS which has built in error - your Drone May Vary (by experience) laterally and vertically sometimes up to 5m (error) so Ensure Your Starting point (in the mission when reloading) always corelates with your actual starting point - otherwise the discrepancy will ripple to all points.

Then Once the mission is saved - you can load the mission in the Hub and Add a few more points - after(add) or between others (insert).

Be careful when Flying Tight Missions on Litchi - or anything that relies on GPS-
Alsways imagine at least a FIVE meter Bubble to be around the drone while setting up-

If the Imagined bubble is going to hit an Object- then its Unsafe -

This is from Good Experience.
Hope this helps

Reactions: FL AV8R
Thanks much Rockowe
Yes i have set safety parameters along the lines you suggest for the flght
However is it possible to load the mission , fly to the last point and continue adding my waypoints using the aircraft position and C1 button based again on the aircraft position rather than in mission hub

Thanks much Rockowe
Yes i have set safety parameters along the lines you suggest for the flght
However is it possible to load the mission , fly to the last point and continue adding my waypoints using the aircraft position and C1 button based again on the aircraft position rather than in mission hub

Sadly this is NOT possible for the AVerage Joe -

HOWEVER

You may not be the Average Joe !
...so heres the tips -

Pretend theres two missions - lets say Ma and Mb … (Mb starts where Ma leaves off)
Save Both Missions on Litchi-
then Load the Mission Hub - (loading them individually) and Exporting Each as a (CSV file) ie Ma.csv and Mb.csv

a Csv file can be brought into MS Excel.

So load Ma,csv and Mb.csv in Excel
Then append (copy and Paste) Mb (data - only - starting from the coordinates) and insert at the End of Ma.csv - Then Save the appended Ma.csv as Mboth.csv

Finally Import Mboth.csv into Litchi HUB - as One completed Mission -

…. This sounds complicated but its really not -

Alternatively - you can always add the Mb waypoints - with co-ordinates. height and heading Manually into Litchi Hub.

I have written software to do this - but its in a Raw form - and can be done in seconds - but Im not ready to share yet - until I see more people like you needing it.

Anyway good Luck with that -
Rob

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147