DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi and custom speeds

Robert Leigh

Reactions
You're always warned that if a waypoint has a custom speed, if the craft loses signal when it's at that waypoint, it will continue the mission at that custom speed rather than reverting to the cruising speed. This is a problem you need to speed out to somewhere distant to conserve the battery, fly slowly to photograph when you get there, then speed back.

I wonder if the solution would be to use custom speeds for every waypoint, making them faster when you need to? If you lost signal at a slow-speed waypoint, would it speed up once it got to the next waypoint if a faster custom speed was set at that waypoint Anyone know?

I think I might set up a test flight with varying custom speeds, switch off the controller and see what happens.

It will only change speed if the Mavic is connected to the remote. So if it lost signal after a low speed WPT it will not change speed until it regains signal and passes another WPT that has the app triggering a programmed speed change.

I have always seen the risk being a signal loss during the high speed transit, leading to a crash when the aircraft fails to slow up and negotiate a tight manuoevring segent intended to be flown slowly. S'Pose a strategy could be to have it RTH on signal loss in lieu of continue. Then at least you could prevent a collision.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beluga