DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi and new mavic mini

brodjack

Reactions
hi,new here but not new to drones or Litchi..Broken Phantom 3 controller so tempted with a Mini,my phones not compatable(32bit) with Gofly and I have the beta litchi version installed on it..If I buy a mavic mini,can I set it up just using Litchi.Obviously just using my present phone which I've used for yrs on my Phantom 3 pro..done lots of searches etc on here,,,thanks

The Mini and the Air 2 use the Fly app and the SDK is not released yet for Litchi to have fun with it yet.

The Mini and the Air 2 use the Fly app and the SDK is not released
The SDK is released for the Mini.
Litchi is currently in Beta test for the Mini.

If I buy a mavic mini,can I set it up just using Litchi

You need the Fly app once for the initial registration with DJI. After that, feel free to use Litchi.

I thought because they used the same app that if the SDK is released for one then it is for both. Did not know this.

I thought because they used the same app that if the SDK is released for one then it is for both. Did not know this.

Separate MA2 SDK was rumored to be released in September

Reactions: Tufargon
thanks for the replies lads:D
my daughter has a iPhone XS which will work with gofly so can register the minimavic with dji then could use my oldish Samsung with beta litchi to fly with..just need to flog my broken phantom 3 pro first..

Reactions: elkaffi
I have a mini and an iPhone 8. I paid for litchi downloaded it and found out it was only in beta for now. Litchi has on the web page a section for people with iPhones, that lets you get the beta version. I had to send a screenshot of my apple purchase of litchi, and request to beta test. With in 2 days I was approved and I was given beta version which I am currently testing. So just go to the litchi page and do the request!! So far so good, doesn’t seem to do the follow at this point but does cool panoramic and some other cool features

Reactions: ff22
U don’t have to purchase ios litchi to be a beta tester u do need to with the android litchi tho.. hey guys just wondering if there’s been any updates to the beta app and if there was one would it show up ib TestFlight for download?

Is this Litchi worth it?

I have Android phone
I have iphone, so far some of the features do not seem to work yet. I also cannot enter the rth height as it takes the number of ft I put in but will not save. So only use it for testing at this point as not feeling to reliable if I had to do rth

Any hint yet as to when Mini support will be out of beta?

I have a Mini and a Mavic 2 Zoom. I also have an Android phone but generally fly with an iPad Mini 5. I bought Litchi twice because it is platform specific. I have the beta on both devices. My iPad got really hot when flying with Litchi beta and the Mini. Has anyone else had this experience?

If you use Litchi (or another SDK) don't that cause problems for the logs to be uploaded? I suppose the log will only be visible in Litchi (or another SDK)? And is it compatible with Airdata UAV?

If while using Litchi the drone get lost or broken, will DJI warranty be valid?

Hmm.. Never had that concern actually...I don't synch with DJI, I keep them locally. The only place where all my logs are synched is airdata

well sold my busted Phantom P3P and got the MM.Then remembered my daughter still had her old iPhone 5S,hooked it up with the dji gofly app and works a treat,so happy days!Just need some calm weather for the next few days to fly it..Beta Litchi hooked up to my Samsung too but it appears the gimbal isn't working?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki