Litchi for iOS and the Mavic Pro

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ShawnIde, Oct 17, 2016.

1. ShawnIde

ShawnIde Member

Does anyone use Litchi for Phantom/Inspire? Will this be compatible with the Mavic Pro since it uses the DJI Go sdk and is compatible with the Phantom 4?

I'm mainly interested in the waypoint missions and the Panorama feature.

2. msinger

msinger Well-Known Member
    Approved Vendor

Litchi is working on a new version that will be compatible with the Mavic. I haven't seen a release date yet though.

Mahoosiv likes this.
  3. Deckyon

Deckyon Well-Known Member

Hard to adapt the software when you have no hardware to test it with. Both Litchi and Autopilot gave me almost identical statements when I asked. "We are working on the solution for the new Mavic, but cannot release until we are able to fully test." Pretty much means "we cannot test, so we are not releasing."

Makes sense. Just keep watching, especially after we see the first REAL consumer (not dealer) unboxing.

4. ShawnIde

ShawnIde Member

That makes sense... Looking forward to making some 8k VR images.

5. Mako79

Mako79 Well-Known Member

I think the developer will give it a new name. The app will be called KUMQUAT!

hoss likes this.
  6. Pedro

Pedro Well-Known Member

I'm returning to DJI after a 3 year break since my first drone, a Phantom v1.1. I have read up about Litchi and it seems that some people prefer Ultimate Flight. Assuming they will both be compatible with the Mavic are there benefits/advantages of one app over the other? Thanks.

7. Graves14

Graves14 Active Member

I noticed this on their release notes. Typo or can someone confirm Mavic support in version 1.13.0?

upload_2016-10-26_11-23-34.png

8. Deckyon

Deckyon Well-Known Member

I received this from Autopilot today when I asked about support for the Mavic Pro. It MAY apply to Litchi as well.

9. Nathan Hoover

Nathan Hoover Well-Known Member

First DJI have to release a new version of the SDK. Then Litchi (and all other 3rd party apps) have to implement. We'll be flying just with the Go app for a while...