DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Panoramas

I was trying some software to stich the pictures together but they were quite expensive and even when I captured some good 360 panoramas I dont know which free Mac OS app can do the trick for me.

I use Hugin on Mac/Linux with no problems.

k94fVtq.jpg

Strikes me as odd. I have no problems at all having Litchi take a 34 shot JPG+Raw pano, 4 rows x 8 + 2 nadirs, No Wait time. My Mavic has no problem writing both JPG + RAW within the same pano.

Check your camera settings and maybe set it to fully auto for testing. Could have been inadvertently set on some silly long exposure time.
That's good to know that it is working for you.
I set my exposure to manual each time even though it defaults back to AUTO each time I start Litchi. Ruled out Shutter speed with 1/1600 setting and still get error.
I keep going over the settings and the only thing that seems odd is under SETTINGS > AIRCRAFT > Gimbal Extension (+30°) it keeps reverting to DISABLED. I can ENABLE it but when I close the app and reopen it appears as DISABLED again.
I'm starting to consider re-install.

That's good to know that it is working for you.

I think you should read Logger's reply as "hm, even though we theorized all these things, I don't think they are the root cause of the issue here." He's not bragging, he's trying to narrow down the search for the symptoms and diagnose the problem.

I think the leading theory here is the speed of microSD card writes. The stock card may take a while to write the data and resume operation, while Logger and I both have a high-write-speed rated card, and are reporting success.

As for Litchi reverting some settings, I confirm mine does the same thing for some of these settings. The app starts up with "Controlling camera settings" voice prompt, and that means it is going back to AUTO camera control. I wish it didn't, but I just add it to my mental procedure.

I think the leading theory here is the speed of microSD card writes.
I was hoping that was the case. So, I removed the stock Lexar 633x 16GB microSD and installed my fastest SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB microSD. The result was still the same error, "panorama ended because the capture timed out."

Oh well you have checked your settings in the app and changed the SD card. Next thing I would be doing it trying another phone if you can borrow one. I use an S7edge. The way I understand it the panorama is controlled real time by Litchi on the phone and not pre programmed to the aircraft. So it may be your phone does not have the horsepower to get the job done.

I have the same problem as described here. when i start panorama shooting in Litchi, one photo taken, than nothing more happens, and then after a while get a time out.

Bernard (or anyone else): did you find a solution?

I have the same problem as described here. when i start panorama shooting in Litchi, one photo taken, than nothing more happens, and then after a while get a time out.

What phone/tablet are you using?

Still having the same issue. I have tried two different Nexus 5x devices running android 7.1.1 and both are doing the same thing. I contacted Litchi tech support and they suggest that the phone doesn't have the horsepower. I have a new Google Pixel coming on Monday and I will try again.

I've used Litchi with a couple of Nexus 5x's flying various P3s, a P4 and a Mavic Pro over the last 15 months and they work fine. Definitely not under-powered. They are great phones.

Panoramas don't have to be wide... here are four portrait-oriented shots, to give the viewer a little vertigo. The JPG is a little over-compressed, so I may re-stitch from the DNGs eventually.

HhcXzLR.jpg

Reactions: deltalimatango
I've used Litchi with a couple of Nexus 5x's flying various P3s, a P4 and a Mavic Pro over the last 15 months and they work fine. Definitely not under-powered. They are great phones.
Hmmm, then it must be my settings. What are your settings? I am using Nexus 5x running android 7.1.1 and Litchi v3.10.1 and DJI firmware V RC-01.03.0200 && UAV-01.03.0300.

I'm happy to report that the latest Litchi version 3.10.3 has fixed the issue with "panorama ended because the capture timed out." for me. Hope it helps with the other people that had the same issue.

I just tried version 3.10.3 with a Mavic and was not happy with the new default. It was shooting way too slow, pausing a long time after each shot before rotating. I was doing a standard 3x8+2. After I enabled "Legacy Pano Mode" and it was back to the old way which worked fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BluMav