DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Live cam feed to video teleconferencing, is it possible?

MacUser

Reactions
Hi,
Given that some or most DJI drones stream to iPhone (or other smart phone),
is is possible to relay/re-transmit that wifi stream into a static wifi setup (ie, wifi router/switch)?

Ultimately, the goal is to live stream

DJI Drone live video ---> Nearby wifi laptop ---> IP to nearby LAN ---> into Video Teleconferencing application
or
DJI Drone live video ---> Wireless Device(ie, wifi router) --->into a local LAN ---> Computer ---> into Video teleconference.
or
The iphone (dunno if it's technically possible) becomes relay,

Drone live video ---> iphone ---> permanent wifi device ---> Local LAN ---> destination computer ---> Video teleconference.

Recommendations?

Thanks much.

You can login to a Zoom meeting and then share your screen. Just switch back to the Go app and everyone else in your meeting can see your live feed from the aircraft to your phone.

pro (fee based not free) versions of web based video meeting software provide a console for the presenter to switch between video feeds/inputs (similar to a video switcher). In addition there are several software apps that permit switching inputs and changing resolution, compression, cropping, titling, etc. (e.g.: OBS Studio). Live anything is problematic, I would balance the need for a live feed with the likelihood if it being stable and not crashing. Just shot vs. live is not a big diff for most applications.

You can live feed via Youtube, using the Rtmp
I just tested it and did a live feed for my city, you can go to my youtube page "Recoveryonedrone" to see a couple of the test flights

Reactions: Thomas B
You can live feed via Youtube, using the Rtmp
I just tested it and did a live feed for my city, you can go to my youtube page "Recoveryonedrone" to see a couple of the test flights
Do you have 1000 subscribers?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard