DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Local Cruise-In Car Show

dougga

Premium Pilot
Reactions
This is a car show we hold on the 2nd Tuesday during the summer months. I posted this on my community facebook and I got great feedback. I manually did the flight (no master shots). I didn’t want to trust master shots with this big of a circle. I also wanted to make sure I didn’t fly my drone over the crowd. Any tips to make it better? I have 4 more months to try different things. So if you have other ideas as well, I am wide open for your suggestions.

I like it. I'm being nit picky here but maybe add a little motion to your stills. Add a push in, pull back or pan. On the stills, just use a little dynamic zoom (otherwise known as the Ken Burns effect) to give a little motion to pair a little better with the motion of the drone.

Reactions: dougga
It’s a great start for car show season!

Flying
Keep at your manual orbits, with an aim to smooth out those yawing corrections. Keep those yaw touches as light as a feather; what you have is at least 90%; this is an area where practice helps.

Of course it’s a pretty wide wide shot! Could you get much closer to the action and take a low-altitude pass with the drone on the playing field (?) side of the show?

Terrestrial Shots
People will make the difference. I love the shot of the one man leaning over looking in the engine compartment. In my own thinking about story I’m constantly alert to the things that humans are doing, and the actions they take.

The extreme closeups of car details are great! And there’s a lot of opportunity for medium and wide shots from the ground.

It’s so cool that you have access to this show every month - what a great opportunity!

I thought it was great. Really liked the stills. Music was perfect. If you could get down low over the scene it would be great. Maybe the show sponsor would work with you to allow that before any people are on the site. Of course you would have to keep the drone over the open areas, but still you would have great images of the cars.

This is a car show we hold on the 2nd Tuesday during the summer months. I posted this on my community facebook and I got great feedback. I manually did the flight (no master shots). I didn’t want to trust master shots with this big of a circle. I also wanted to make sure I didn’t fly my drone over the crowd. Any tips to make it better? I have 4 more months to try different things. So if you have other ideas as well, I am wide open for your suggestions.
Great video, thank you for sharing.

This was great! And perfect timing. I'm flying two car shows for hire this weekend and your video and the subsequent comments provide me with some artistic insights. Thank you.

Agree with all the feedback. I will see how I improve for the next one. Was thinking of adding some Dronie shots mixed in with the circle. Will definitely have a short, but may also create a long form (>60 sec) version as well with some voice over of what/why and share some stories of the folks I talk to.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J