DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking at buying dji Goggles for a Mavic Pro, was told that resolution changes with Distance

PeterInSa

Reactions
Was told that 500 metres out resolution changes from high definition 1080 to 720 and since I want to go out further than this to look into what is available in other dji goggles, which to me have the same info at the 2.4Ghz frequency.

Thanks

Peter.

Was told that 500 metres out resolution changes from high definition 1080 to 720 and since I want to go out further than this to look into what is available in other dji goggles, which to me have the same info at the 2.4Ghz frequency.

Thanks

Peter.
Not sure what your getting at. 720p is technically HD as well. It isn't that the goggles have a issue with displaying a 1080 feed it is your aircraft transmission. So no other goggles can do any better. It is a bit more technical, but that is what the issue is.

Reactions: PeterInSa
I returned mine; too heavy and bulky...I don't have time and money for a chiropractor...

The Mavic Pro Specs, do not indicate when/if the resolution changes with distance ie:
Mobile AppDJI GO 4
Live View Quality720p@30fps, 1080p@30fps(Remote Controller)
720p@30fps(Wi-Fi)
720p@60fps, 1080p@30fps(DJI Goggles

An alternative is the Epson BT-300 secondhand or the new model BT-40s, resolution doesn't change 1280 by 720 pixels (BT-40s is 1920x1080) and they are much lighter and ergonomic.

Last edited:
I understand/told with a Hi resolution Phone eg Samsung S9 and above the camera detail can be viewed in Hi Res (1080) for the flight out to 4m/7Km. So if the standard dji Googles change resolution after a certain distance is this because of the Ocusyn signal being switched over to a lower res. after a certain distance, or the lack of a suitable aerial on the standard goggles compared to the RE Goggles with the 2 aerials poking up above the lenses?

I understand/told with a Hi resolution Phone eg Samsung S9 and above the camera detail can be viewed in Hi Res (1080) for the flight out to 4m/7Km. So if the standard dji Googles change resolution after a certain distance is this because of the Ocusyn signal being switched over to a lower res. after a certain distance, or the lack of a suitable aerial on the standard goggles compared to the RE Goggles with the 2 aerials poking up above the lenses?

The Mavic Pro only operates on the 2.4ghz frequency, so I suspect the change in resolution of the video feed is due to the range and interference.

From the DJI FAQ's, these affect the video feed resolution.
1613720448910.png

Attachments

• 1613721238993.png
    1613721238993.png
    103.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: PeterInSa
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads