DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles for a Mavic pro (M1P)

Tacoman

Reactions
Can anyone recommend goggles that will work on a Mavic Pro? I was looking at the SkyZone Cobra X based on recommendations on the internet and price. Do these goggles actually work with the Mavic Pro? One YouTube review seems to show a Mavic Pro being controled with those Skyzone goggles. I have contacted Skyzone and they got back to me with an email which is not easy to understand. Not sure if it was yes or no. Is there a compatibly chart somewhere?

Three questions: 1) Has anyone got any non-DJI goggles to work with the Mavic Pro.
2) Has anyone got the Skyzone Cobra X to work with the Mavic Pro? 2a) How did you do it?
3) Is there a good set of plug and play goggles that can be recommended for the Mavic Pro?

Thanks
John

Can anyone recommend goggles that will work on a Mavic Pro? I was looking at the SkyZone Cobra X based on recommendations on the internet and price. Do these goggles actually work with the Mavic Pro? One YouTube review seems to show a Mavic Pro being controled with those Skyzone goggles. I have contacted Skyzone and they got back to me with an email which is not easy to understand. Not sure if it was yes or no. Is there a compatibly chart somewhere?

Three questions: 1) Has anyone got any non-DJI goggles to work with the Mavic Pro.
2) Has anyone got the Skyzone Cobra X to work with the Mavic Pro? 2a) How did you do it?
3) Is there a good set of plug and play goggles that can be recommended for the Mavic Pro?

Thanks
John

Best thing is keep an eye out for either the DJI original white goggles, or the DJI RE (racing edition) goggles.
Both work well with the M1P / MPP, M2 birds, with all features possible being compatible.

Many other non DJI goggles work with the various DJI drones, but with cable connect.

I have read that the Yuneec Typhoon H Skyview FPV Goggles work well with DJI drones, a simple HDMI adapter to suit the controller output plug, thei blurb says "PLEASE NOTE >>> This Goggles Will Work As Well For All DJI Drones Or Any Other Drone Only If Your Remote Controller Have An HDMI Output Or You Are Using A Tablet With HDMI Output To Transmit The Video Since This Goggles Are Connected Via HDMI Cable Directly"

I use a HDMI adapter with my (wifi) Spark to connect (no regular device) my RE goggles, a short micro USB to HDMI adapter, then a HDMI cable about 1.5m long.

The beauty of the white or RE googles is they connect Occusync, and you can still have a tablet connected, giving you the option to give other the FPV pilot seat while you fly using the device.

These goggles are obsolete, but somewhere, the odd reseller may have some still in stock, or, the come up for sale here on the forum (and probably other selling sites) surprisingly often.

Maybe post a wanted ad in the classifieds here.

Look into DroneMask. I have tried the ones above as well as the DJI FPV goggles (not for Mavic), and quite honestly this was the best solution for me. They sometimes come up for sale way cheaper than buying new. For my head and eyes it ended up giving me the best fit and clear observation of the entire screen.

My controller does not have HDMI output. None of my old tablets or smartphones have have a HDMI output port. I will do some searches for either the white or the RE goggles. Do you know if the current FPV goggles will work with the older units? It does not seem like they will based on the product description.

Last edited:
I will take a look at the Drone Mask. It is probably a better solution (for me at least) than active goggles. Overall it got some good reviews.
Thanks
John

My controller does not have HDMI output. None of my old tablets or smartphones have have a HDMI output port. I will do some searches for either the white or the RE goggles. Do you know if the current FPV goggles will work with the older units? It does not seem like they will based on the product description.

Neither do mine for the Spark, this is for my RE goggles, but works with others like the Yuneec.
As said, a short adapter to suit your controller output to HDMI, then F-M HDMI cable of whatever length to your goggles.

The DroneMask is overpriced for what it is but used prices come in reasonable for what it does. There was one in the classifieds section a bit ago, not sure it is sold. It was a good deal.

I just got a set of DJI racing edition goggles second hand for 300AUD, all looking like new in the box.

Haven't tested them in the field yet, but they bound to the drone straight away and the picture is pretty awesome. The head tracking feature is just amazing.

I'd say this would be the simplest/easiest way to go.

I ended up buying a Dronemask headset. I am still looking for used DJI Racing Edition goggles. If I can find a good pair cheap I will go for it. They are selling for $300+ to 500 used on eBay. The FPV is only $1000 new, it makes little sense to pay $400 for used goggles.

I ended up buying a Dronemask headset. I am still looking for used DJI Racing Edition goggles. If I can find a good pair cheap I will go for it. They are selling for $300+ to 500 used on eBay. The FPV is only $1000 new, it makes little sense to pay $400 for used goggles.

I disagree.

The RE goggles are cheap for what they are second hand, and there's heaps of them out there that are hardly used. The quality/features/picture are insanely good, and they are seamlessly compatible. Mine were in the box without a single sign of use for 300AUD... almost felt like I was stealing them.

But each to their own of course.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I ordered the DroneMask about 10 days ago. They ship DHL out of China. The package just shipped and arrived at the DHL center in Hong Kong today. Awful slow shipping. Also, I though the things were made in Norway. The website seems to point in that direction. Oh, well.

Their website seems to indicate they've stated Made in China (edited typo) from the start . . .

"Over the course of the next 6 months, they made 30 prototypes that were tested with more than 1000 users, before they headed to China to find production partners for the first product. Finally, the MovieMask was ready for the crowdfunding launch on Kickstarter and Indiegogo!"

Last edited:
Just got to try out the DroneMask. I am almost completely satisified. First I need a +2.5 or 3.0 correction for reading. The DroneMask almost brings things into focus. It is usable but could be significantly better. Wearing reading glasses corrects the problem but only in the center of the image. The edges are out of focus and blocked by the frame. Does anyone know of corrective lenses that will work the Dronemask and not block out the screen edges? I will try to find some reading glasses with oversized lens. What I am really hoping for is a lens that fit inside the goggles and stay with the goggles.

Reactions: CaptainRisky
Just got to try out the DroneMask. I am almost completely satisified. First I need a +2.5 or 3.0 correction for reading. The DroneMask almost brings things into focus. It is usable but could be significantly better. Wearing reading glasses corrects the problem but only in the center of the image. The edges are out of focus and blocked by the frame. Does anyone know of corrective lenses that will work the Dronemask and not block out the screen edges? I will try to find some reading glasses with oversized lens. What I am really hoping for is a lens that fit inside the goggles and stay with the goggles.

I'm using my reading glasses under my goggles and they work fine. Mine are a bit bigger though, like an 80's highway patrol officer minus the dark tint and moustache, so I don't notice the frames.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas