DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for a good FAA 107 course

Dhuard

Reactions
Does anyone have any experience with the online or hands on FAA 107 courses and can recommend one ?
Thank you

I use and highly recommend Gold Seal UAV Groundschool. They have a Pass guarantee and they offer a discount for forum members.

• Lifetime Access
    100% Pass Guarantee

Reactions: Mavic Mac
I used an app called Prepware Remote Pilot ($25 I think) and also watched the YouTube video by Tony Northrop about 5 times.
Study your sectionals well.
Good luck!

Reactions: projectarjun
I watched Tony Northrop's too and took notes. I also read online and then took free online practice tests until I could pass with no problem. It took 2 days from the time I scheduled (Monday - test Wednesday).

I used remotepilot101.com
Use heron18 for discount like it was 103.00 usd with discount and it’s lifetime so recurrent tests also

Reactions: tmtwomey
I used remotepilot101.com
Use heron18 for discount like it was 103.00 usd with discount and it’s lifetime so recurrent tests also

Was it a good course for you ? any issue passing ? Dp you think they covered enough material ?

Reactions: msinger
I used Ground Pilot Drone School, yes you have to paid $250.00 but the course and the lessons teach not just the regulations but you also learn how to fly save I pass the FAA Part 107 test the first time.
There videos are excellent and you can review them at any time. There is three practice tests witch can help you a lot.

Only a first time drone owner for about 3 weeks (M2P), but knew I wanted to obtain my Part 107 certification. I've been look at 1-3 online course. That type of structure works best for, although I have stated to review some of the YouTube material.

Thanks for mention: "I used remotepilot101.com" & the discount code! That may just be the one.

Just a thought..

Question: What really distinguishes one school from another? Each promises that you will pass the test and if not, they will refund the $150 fee for taking the test.

Last edited:
Log in to faasafety.gov. Register with email, and enroll in their free course for Part 107. When completed, print your certificate, and then go to a faa knowledge testing site to take your 107 exam.

Reactions: anotherlab
Does anyone have any experience with the online or hands on FAA 107 courses and can recommend one ?
Thank you
The FAA has a good on line course at no cost, go to their safety program faasafety.gov. You will have to register with email address and password. There are two courses, one for initial and the other for recurrent. Sounds like you would want the initial course. After you complete the course, you can take the exam, and print your completion certificate. I completed it recently and it helped me prepare for my 107 knowledge test which I took last night at a FAA knowledge testing center. Good Luck.

Reactions: projectarjun
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmilonas