DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for Mapping work around Mavic 3 Pro

ezepilot

Reactions
Hello, I just ordered a Mavic 3 pro for making drone videos. Rarely do I make drone maps these days but I am looking for a work around so I can get good drone maps some time in the future. Does anyone have a work around for that. One youtuber showed a way to download a flight plan from DJI Hub 2 and import it into the RC but Hub 2 seems to cost $100 per month.

Hello, I just ordered a Mavic 3 pro for making drone videos. Rarely do I make drone maps these days but I am looking for a work around so I can get good drone maps some time in the future. Does anyone have a work around for that. One youtuber showed a way to download a flight plan from DJI Hub 2 and import it into the RC but Hub 2 seems to cost $100 per month.
Unless you are looking at a small site, say an acre or so, the workaround is to buy a Mavic 2 pro or Phantom 4 pro and use that.

Reactions: BigAl07
This work around seemed much more viable when Flighthub 2 was in beta and free.

Excuse my ignorance - but what is a drone map ?

You need the mechanical shutter, and need a Mavic 3 enterprise. The SDK has and will never b released for the M3- classic and pro series. Go ahead and do the $100 per month deal, times 12=$1200 per year for how long? You won't b able to give all deliverables that the M3E can do. Go ahead and get Adorama or B&H Payboo credit no interest for 12 months and buy the right drone for the right job. I have the
M3Pro &3M $7800 with DJI Care refresh 2 years insurance for both.

Reactions: Cafguy
You need the mechanical shutter, and need a Mavic 3 enterprise. The SDK has and will never b released for the M3- classic and pro series. Go ahead and do the $100 per month deal, times 12=$1200 per year for how long? You won't b able to give all deliverables that the M3E can do. Go ahead and get Adorama or B&H Payboo credit no interest for 12 months and buy the right drone for the right job. I have the
M3Pro &3M $7800 with DJI Care refresh 2 years insurance for both.
When he wrote 'rarely' I assumed he isn't mapping professionally. So I think a Mavic 3 Enterprise - which isn't particularly good for 'making drone videos' - and 1200 $ per year is a bit much in this case.

I am looking for a work around aswell. This would also eliminate the issue of only auto white balance on the Mavic 3 Enterprise.

You said
" The SDK has and will never b released for the M3- classic and pro series."
That comment makes me feel really sad - I used Litchi for all my personal work. I am banking on DJI releasing an SDK - so I can fly all my saved Litchi flights like before. (Which are easily editable)

The DJI FLY Waypoints program is Pathetic !
... and the conversion Program (Litchi to M3P Waypoints) a nightmare - but usable.
I hope the SDK for M3P is released soon !

That comment makes me feel really sad - I used Litchi for all my personal work. I am banking on DJI releasing an SDK - so I can fly all my saved Litchi flights like before. (Which are easily editable)

The DJI FLY Waypoints program is Pathetic !
... and the conversion Program (Litchi to M3P Waypoints) a nightmare - but usable.
I hope the SDK for M3P is released soon !
I also have Lichi, and the way it is. Don't hold your breath on the SDK for the M3 pro & under, it will defeat the purpose of the Enterprise drones. DJI already send a communication several months ago, that they have no intent of releasing the SDK for those drones. That the only option for the mechanical shutter is the M3 enterprise drone. Take that DJI lovers! You can also buy a P4 pro and used Litchi.

Excuse my ignorance - but what is a drone map ?
A series of drone images flown in a 'lawnmower' pattern, usually shot at -90° then stitched together into a gigantic image.
Forest land, agricultural, etc.

I am looking for the same thing. I fly roughly 10-40 acres of crop land for work every day. I used to utilize the Mavic 2 Pro with PIX4D Capture (free app). Now that the company has purchased the Mavic 3 Pro I need to find an app that does the same thing - grid pattern. What solutions have you found or have others found?

Now that the company has purchased the Mavic 3 Pro I need to find an app that does the same thing - grid pattern. What solutions have you found or have others found?
Until DJI release an SDk for the Mavic 3 drones, there won't be any 3rd party apps that you can run with the drone.
And all indications are that DJI have no intention of releasing an SDK.

Reactions: TonyPHX
Until DJI release an SDk for the Mavic 3 drones, there won't be any 3rd party apps that you can run with the drone.
And all indications are that DJI have no intention of releasing an SDK.
Agreed. Maximum consumer feedback has already been applied, and they have essentially gone silent on engaging with consumers as far as I know. This bold new move to not release SDK's for consumer grade drones seems to be their long term strategy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suretybondsa