DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loss of signal?

surfocean

Reactions
So I was flying near the beach last week. I got slightly disoriented and flew the drone behind a 12 story apartment building on accident. I was only about a block away from my mavic and it lost signal. I am aware that buildings can cause interference etc, but should I be losing signal with the drone that close to me? I ran around the building and was able to reconnect after having a small heart attack (I forgot to set the proper RTH altitude prior to the flight). I have also had significant video stream degradation while being less than 1000 feet away with line of sight. I get pixelation and framerate loss. I just want to make sure that my Mavic is functioning properly. I've seen videos of Mavics flying around high rise buildings etc without any problems. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: ross4443
I am aware that buildings can cause interference etc, but should I be losing signal with the drone that close to me?
Yes. The remote controller signal cannot penetrate solid objects.

So I was flying near the beach last week. I got slightly disoriented and flew the drone behind a 12 story apartment building on accident. I was only about a block away from my mavic and it lost signal. I am aware that buildings can cause interference etc, but should I be losing signal with the drone that close to me? I ran around the building and was able to reconnect after having a small heart attack (I forgot to set the proper RTH altitude prior to the flight). I have also had significant video stream degradation while being less than 1000 feet away with line of sight. I get pixelation and framerate loss. I just want to make sure that my Mavic is functioning properly. I've seen videos of Mavics flying around high rise buildings etc without any problems. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

That sounds about right.

I've found interference normally causes video feed degradation for me.

Out in the country my feed is rock solid up to a few km, not pushed it further.

In towns or when flying with someone else I start to notice pixelation.

The further out you go and the weaker the signal gets, the more prone to interference it becomes. That's just my experience anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf