DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost connection causing flyaway and crash

Ghenster

Reactions
I've had the mavic for about 6 months, up to now no problems, although its been sat in the box for a month or two due to weather.

Last couple of flights (yesterday) the app says I've lost connection, controller is saying still connected, but i didn't have control. The mavic would just hang until I regained control.

Updated the firmware today, and go for a little test fly in the back garden, never more that 20m away.
after a minute or so of flying the drone does a flyaway, first time this has ever happened. It was stopped by collision avoidance at a tree, but then decided to return to home and punched up into the branches, and unsurprisingly ended up on the floor. Only casualty was a couple of propellers but I want to understand what went wrong .
I'm running Oreo 8.0.0 on a oneplus 3T if that makes any difference.
Flight log attached, I couldn't get the viewer at phantomhelp to work, kept timing out for me?

Any help/information greatly appreciated

Thanks

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-01-07_%5b13-22-14%5d.txt
    34.4 KB · Views: 9
I've had the mavic for about 6 months, up to now no problems, although its been sat in the box for a month or two due to weather.

Last couple of flights (yesterday) the app says I've lost connection, controller is saying still connected, but i didn't have control. The mavic would just hang until I regained control.

Updated the firmware today, and go for a little test fly in the back garden, never more that 20m away.
after a minute or so of flying the drone does a flyaway, first time this has ever happened. It was stopped by collision avoidance at a tree, but then decided to return to home and punched up into the branches, and unsurprisingly ended up on the floor. Only casualty was a couple of propellers but I want to understand what went wrong .
I'm running Oreo 8.0.0 on a oneplus 3T if that makes any difference.
Flight log attached, I couldn't get the viewer at phantomhelp to work, kept timing out for me?

Any help/information greatly appreciated

Thanks

Despite your recollection of the event, it appears to me that the aircraft responded correctly to your stick inputs, and I see no indication of any kind of "flyaway".

DJIFlightRecord_2018-01-07_[13-22-14]_01.png

Can you point out where you think it misbehaved?

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the response.

The problem is where the log stops with alerion and elevator showing positive input, and the altitude not zero (i.e. it never landed according to the log)

Guessing as the controller disconnected it ended the flight log.

I didn't have a memory card in at the time, would there still be some form of log in the drone itself?

Thanks

Sorry sar, auto correct caught me out

No problem. I can be Sarah. Anyway - if the controller disconnected then you will need to get the DAT file off the aircraft to figure out what happened:

How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File from the AC

It will probably be too large to post here, but you can upload it to Dropbox or Google Drive and then post a link.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming