DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost connection

Costa Rica Guy

Reactions
I had two lost connections today in ideal flying conditions. The first one may have been due to ambitious undertaking. I was flying about 1600 feet away but up and over a large hill. Suddenly lost connection and when I hit RTH it brought it back. I disconnected and had connection again and landed on my own. The second time was just now at dusk and I was flying almost in sight and not even 400 feet away. I hit RTH and when it came back I disconnected, had connection and landed safely on my own. My phone has been sticky in general the past few day and is nearly full in memory. I fly in airplane mode with all apps closed and wonder if this could be caused by sticky slow phone. I have another Samsung I use ONLY for flying but the screen is smaller. Nothing else out of the ordinary to report. Ideas?

You are losing connection between the RC and the Mavic? (not between the app/device and the RC). If so, this should have nothing to do with the app or the phone.

You are losing connection between the RC and the Mavic? (not between the app/device and the RC). If so, this should have nothing to do with the app or the phone.

Gonna keep an eye out for that. Switched to my dedicated phone and had no problem, but did notice some wavy video feed and some drone freezes when turning which was also happening previously just before disconnect.

If it's the apps disconnecting, look and see if the RC retains connection. If so, the issue is with your device/app, not the RC/aircraft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast