DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic after downloading new update!

Flying today's i noticed odds behaviour not noticed before. Well not hover as keep still afternoon auto take off Android tried and land itself whenever closes to them groups. A deal disconnected warnings when kiss a fee feet away

Reactions: adiru and Gary7399
To anyone that is saying users are to blame for firmware related update issues... you are all idiots honestly.

There is a reason why we have the term beta testing in our dictionary. The issues people are experiencing related to firmware upgrades are simply unacceptable. DJI has the resources both financially and human at their disposal to do proper testing of their firmware before it is made to the public but they are not. Why? Because they don't care about their customers. DJI would rather let customers crash their drones in an open beta and fix issues that arise vs them doing the testing on their own dime. It comes as no surprise that they do some things backwards where they can, this is a Chinese owned and operated business after all.

I have also Had moments on my iPad 4, but I simply disconnected came out then back Into app and Violà .Back up again, my Actual remote never went down Just the iPad. so check yr Actual remote First. Let it hover and reconnect via app if remote seems ok. RTH .is my last resort.

Reactions: Jase1125
To anyone that is saying users are to blame for firmware related update issues... you are all idiots honestly.

There is a reason why we have the term beta testing in our dictionary. The issues people are experiencing related to firmware upgrades are simply unacceptable. DJI has the resources both financially and human at their disposal to do proper testing of their firmware before it is made to the public but they are not. Why? Because they don't care about their customers. DJI would rather let customers crash their drones in an open beta and fix issues that arise vs them doing the testing on their own dime. It comes as no surprise that they do some things backwards where they can, this is a Chinese owned and operated business after all.
Oh, so you Must have inside knowledge to state everyone is an idiot re firmware error versus "users" .Seems you have all the answers due to Chinese made and DJI don't care . Feel very sorry for You!!

Oh, so you Must have inside knowledge to state everyone is an idiot re firmware error versus "users" .Seems you have all the answers due to Chinese made and DJI don't care . Feel very sorry for You!!

Feel very sorry for me? Ok troll.

It's common sense. Any time patches are released they are called betas. Users are always suggested to run "stable" platforms in most cases to avoid errors. DJI should not be recommending firmware updates until they are almost completely certain it is stable and all the bugs are worked out in their code. If they don't, which they aren't, people's hard earned money literally gets trashed and then they are run through the gauntlet otherwise known as Care Refresh or warranty claims which is widely documented as being a nightmare in terms of delays as well as spotty repair / replacements. It's not professional and demonstrates a complete disregard for customers.

Reactions: Slayerstwin

I believe the point several people are trying to make is that without proper analysis of the log files jumping to the conclusion that it's firmware related is a bit premature. Much like in auto accidents operator error is the cause more often than not.

I'd also be curious to see how many people actually have a problem vs. the number of units in use. I would bet the actual failure rate is pretty low, especially for something that packs as much tech into a small, $800 package as the Mavic does. There are probably more than a few issues that can be tied to the phone/tablet function and not to the drone/rc itself.

I'm not
I believe the point several people are trying to make is that without proper analysis of the log files jumping to the conclusion that it's firmware related is a bit premature. Much like in auto accidents operator error is the cause more often than not.

I'd also be curious to see how many people actually have a problem vs. the number of units in use. I would bet the actual failure rate is pretty low, especially for something that packs as much tech into a small, $800 package as the Mavic does. There are probably more than a few issues that can be tied to the phone/tablet function and not to the drone/rc itself.

I am by no means refuting user error nor saying it is 100% firmware related. That being said, I've spent enough time researching threads post firmware release to see a strong correlation between malfunctions / crashed and a recent update. In this thread alone there are numerous posts of individuals with many hours of flight time logged that experience new issues with their setup on near identical flight paths that were flown a dozen times before.

My drone as worked from day one since out of box. I've never updated and never had an issue. Every time I fly it tells me I need to update my firmware and I happily decline. I would love to have the airplane flight mode but I'm not willing to sacrifice my stable platform to pick up a cool new feature. I'll wait half a year before I dare do an update.

I'm not

I am by no means refuting user error nor saying it is 100% firmware related. That being said, I've spent enough time researching threads post firmware release to see a strong correlation between malfunctions / crashed and a recent update. In this thread alone there are numerous posts of individuals with many hours of flight time logged that experience new issues with their setup on near identical flight paths that were flown a dozen times before.

My drone as worked from day one since out of box. I've never updated and never had an issue. Every time I fly it tells me I need to update my firmware and I happily decline. I would love to have the airplane flight mode but I'm not willing to sacrifice my stable platform to pick up a cool new feature. I'll wait half a year before I dare do an update.

I work in the auto industry so I'm overly familiar with the difference in actual failure rate vs. the perception created by internet forums. I don't know what the overall sales numbers are but if you sold 50,000 units and 200 people had actual hardware/firmware related failure you are looking at a very low failure rate. I just have an interest in real numbers vs a bunch of posts on an internet forum that are unsubstantiated as to the origin of the issue.

I also wonder how often firmware updates make a change to handling characteristics that people don't know about because they don't read through the listing of what the update does. I read in another thread that the "braking" was changed in the new update. That is something that could very easily lead to a crash if you were used to it behaving a certain way when you go neutral on the stick.

Reactions: Jase1125

Wow.

Both categorical AND racist.

Well done.

Reactions: Bazzam

$800? Has the Mavic Pro gone down in price? I paid $999.

I guess I'm lucky. I've never had an issue with any of the firmware updates whatsoever. I've had a problem downloading them and it has taken several attempts a few times but never an issue caused by the update. KNOCK ON WOOD!!

I had a lot of problems with the new update. I couldn't connect to my phone, and I kept loosing connection from the remote to the bird. Mine went into RTH twice and both times it tried to land somewhere other than RTH. Luckily for me it wasn't in a tree and I was able to recover it with no damage. I ended up just reverting back to 400. No issue at all right now.
Just flew my mavic after downloaded latest firmware and also went around 150 yards and disconnected and RTH. 5X in a row till I gave up. How do we revert back to the update before this 1?
Cheers Mike

meaning you encountered some hanging while updating to .700 in which you had to restart your mavic and controller?

did you encounter any funny issues flying your mavic after this "update" where it hanged once?
I downloaded it after hang ups and the drone disconnected approx 150 yards away and returned to home. It did this five times on the same battery before I gave up. GRRRRR

Flying today's i noticed odds behaviour not noticed before. Well not hover as keep still afternoon auto take off Android tried and land itself whenever closes to them groups. A deal disconnected warnings when kiss a fee feet away

What??

So... No logs or trouble shooting. This thread is lost...

I updated to .700 on Friday morning and could not get the drone to start the rotors. Everything was connected, no errors, everything showing up on the app and RC as it should. I went through every troubleshooting step I could think of, except swapping batteries.

I was not able to get it to start the rotors, without using auto-takeoff. It would then hover at 4 feet and not respond to any control inputs. I had to hit RTH to get it to land.

Swapped the battery out, drone started right up as usual. Swapped back to the "faulty" battery, drone worked fine. No issues since. However, I have not taken it further than 150 out, I am curious to see what happens.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xyggi